Surprise!

"Listen, before you start yelling at me--"

"Before I start yelling at you? What the Hell, Casey?"

He stood quiet.

"Now I understand leaving for a few weeks to go over seas and make sure everything is okay with your base. But for ten months with no phone call? Text? Email? Nothing?" I asked him.

I didn't feel like yelling at him. It just wasn't worth it. What would I get out of yelling at him? I wouldn't be satisfied because I'll still be the one who gets stuck raising a baby on my own. Oh my God, the baby.

Should I tell him? How should I tell him? Hey Casey, I gave birth to our daughter a week ago. No, that's not good.

We have a baby. No, that's no better.

"Jane, I'm sorry," he began to explain when I cut him off.

"Oh you're sorry? Sorry doesn't erase the past ten months I've wasted missing you."

"Jane, just let me explain."

I made a fake chuckle as I walked away from the door, letting him walk inside. I stood in my kitchen, leaning on the island as Casey took a seat in front of me. He was wearing his military uniform. I used to think that this uniform was the sexiest outfit ever- but now, it doesn't feel the same.

"I needed to return to my base in Afghanistan. I didn't mean to leave you behind. If I could've sent you an email at least, I would've," he explained to me.

"Bullshit," I angrily whispered as I turned around to get a bottle of water.

"Water? No beer?" he asked me.

"It is none of your business," I remarked. Technically, it was his business. Whether he's in her life or not, Emma is his baby too. I wish is wasn't any of his business.

"I apologize," he whispered. I walked back to the island and put my water down. When I returned in front of him, he continued, "Being a colonel is who I am. Just how being a detective is who you are. I can't imagine my life without the military. I also can't imagine my life without you."

I felt myself grow weak with that response. I used to love this guy- it's hard to forget that love. Casey and I were so close. I don't want him completely out of my life, but I don't want to marry him.

Before I could respond, he told me, "I'm not going to leave the military. I love you, Jane. But I would never ask you to give up who you are, and I hope you would never ask me to give up who I am."

With every word, I felt my anger slowly fade away. I don't know if it was manipulation or not, but I was starting to fall in love with him again.

"I would never ask you to give up the military, but I don't know how this is going to work if we're not together. If I marry a man, I want to fall asleep in his arms and wake up in them. I want to get annoyed whenever he's in the bathroom in the morning because I need to get in there. But with you, I will never have that," I said as I felt tears slowly filling up in my eyes.

"Jane..."

"You've missed a lot, Casey. These past ten months have been the hardest months without you."

Should I lead to the baby? We have a child now... I don't know. I'm just filled with many different emotions and feelings. I could feel myself begin to melt.

"Jane, I'm sorry."

"Sorry doesn't go back, Casey!"

"If I could go back and change things to where I was here the past couple months, then I would. But I can't."

"Ten months, Casey. Not two, not three, not four."

I walked around the island and stood in front of him. Crossing my arms, I continued, "I still love you. But I'm tired of being left at the door. It seems as whenever we get close, you leave. It's almost as if you come to have sex with me, then you walk out the door."

"And I can't even begin to explain how sorry I am. It's just that I'm only back for a certain amount of time and during that time, I want you- all of you. One night with you can leave me with ten months. Even one kiss," he replied.

Good answer. Crap, this isn't going how I planned it. Not only did he apologize, but he seemed to make me understand.

He stood up from the chair and slowly pushed the one strand of hair behind my ear. I didn't know what to do. I just let him do it- I was too numb in he knees to move away.

When the strand of hair stayed behind my ear, he slid his hand down to my neck. Just staring into his eyes, I could feel our lips slowly closing the gap between us as if there was some sort of magnetic attraction. He tilted my chin up and we both gave in to the attraction.

I could feel my heart beating uncontrollably as I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer to me. I don't remember the last time one kiss felt so good. It made up for ten long, lonely months without him. Somehow, all my worries, sadness and anger went away.

Our kiss grew deeper before I turned my head to the side, gasping for air. He moved his lips down to my neck, giving me small, rhythmic pecks.

"Casey, there's something I need to tell you," I whispered in his ear.

He released from my neck and held onto my waist. "What is it, babe?"

How could this be so hard to tell him? Depending on how I break the news that he's a father, seals this family's fate.

I took a deep breath and bluntly told him, "I was pregnant."

He released his grip and stared at me. "Was?" he asked.

"Yeah, was."

"Well what happened? Did you miscarry?" he questioned.

"Oh no, she's very much alive."

"She?"

"That's what I need to tell you. You have a daughter, Casey."

He looked as if he was going to faint. He slowly backed up and sat down on the bar stool. "I... I'm a father?"

"As of last Tuesday, yes."

I was so afraid that he wanted to run away and go back to Afghanistan. "I don't blame you if you wanna leave. This is definitely something you don't want to hear when you come back from Afghanistan."

"You're right, this is really surprising news, but I'm not going to run away. I have two weeks before I have to return to my base."

"I understand."

"Where is she?"

"She's with Ma. I'm working on an extremely difficult case and I needed her to stay with my mother for a few nights."

"Oh, so you can't exactly be with me during this case."

"No, it's not that. You just came back at the wrong time. Our coworker, Abby, just got killed and we all need to work it. I want to be with you, but I can't."

"I get it. What's her name? The baby's, I mean."

I smiled at the thought that Casey is actually interested in our baby girl. "Her name is Emma Dorthea," I answered.

"Rizzoli?" he asked in reply.

"Yes, Rizzoli."

He stood up and kissed my forehead, saying, "That's beautiful."

I smiled and kissed him in return. He asked me, "Can I meet her?"

I laughed and pulled him closer towards me. "Of course you can," I chuckled, kissing him.

A/N: Ok, I know many of you are not Casey fans. I'm not one either. I just wrote this because I feel like this is what Jane would actually be like. I can be and probably am wrong, but it just felt like the right thing to write. Before you start commenting, trust me, Casey is NOT going to be staying long. Stay with me, guys. This story isn't over yet! :)