The E.R.

Jane's POV

"Oh my God, Maur! Someone get her off of me!" I shouted. I know this might've sounded like I was being a bad friend, but I am seven months pregnant. It's not that I didn't want to hold onto Maura, I just wasn't capable of doing so.

Abby took Maura off of my stomach and gently laid her on the ground. I saw that she was bending Maura's knees and pinning her feet to the floor. She draped Maura's right arm over her forhead.

"What are you doing?" I asked her.

"I'm making sure her blood circulation remains...circulating. Actually, I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing, I just remember learning about it at BCU. I need two cold, damp towels."

"Frankie! Go get two wet towels," I hollered to him. As he was walking towards the sink, I shouted, "Cold water!"

"I know!" he screamed back.

When Frankie returned with the towels, Abby draped them on Maura. One on her forehead and the other around her neck. "Jane, you can go and take your shower, I will watch over Maura," Abby told me.

I did what she said and took my decontamination shower. When I was finished, I put on a pair of scrubs as Frankie took his shower. When the two of us were done, I took Abby's place, giving her some time to shower and get dressed as well.

I waited until Abby was showering to start any 'Rizzoli Family Drama'. When I heard the water start running, I asked, "Frankie, what were you doing in the autopsy room?"

"I was seeing if Maura had anything on the victim yet."

"Why? It's not your case."

"I wanted to help."

"It's MY case. That is MY vic."

"Just settle down, Janie."

"Don't tell me to settle down. You think I don't know what's going on between you two?" I asked him, trying not to raise my voice too loud.

"What are you talking about? We're just friends."

"Yeah, you two better stay as 'just friends'. Don't screw up my friendship, Frankie. Maura's my best friend."

He just stared at me as Abby came into the room in a new pair of scrubs. "The ambulance will be here shortly to take Maura," she told us. I nodded my head and stood up. I looked through the window and saw multiple people cleaning up the formaldehyde in the autopsy room.

A man walked into the crime lab wearing a full body suit and a gas mask. He spoke, "It's safe to leave now. We will be taking Dr. Isles to the emergency room if you would like to follow."

"Yes, I would!" I replied. They picked Maura up and laid her on a stretcher and wheeled her out through the back to prevent any commotion upstairs. I made Frankie and Abby stay there in case we have a murder or something.

I hopped in the back of the ambulance and held Maura's hand. "Come on, Maur. Wake up," I whispered to her. "We need you, I need you."

I was holding her hand with my left and stroking her hair with my right, trying to wake her up. "Wake up, Maur," kept whispering.

Nothing I was doing was helping. Not a movement, not a sound, not a breath. We reached the hospital and they wheeled her inside.

A few minutes go by as I was sitting down in the waiting room. The last time I was here, Abby was in the E.R. and Maura and Phil broke up. I could imagine it as if it was happening.

"Why don't you trust me?" Maura asked.

Phil answered, "Well I thought Abby needed a second opinion."