Dinner

I was at work when five o'clock hit. I impatiently waiting for the big hand to reach the twelve as I sat in my office chair. Jane was out of work today, taking care of Emma. During the days that Angela doesn't have the baby, Jane needs to take off from work to take care of her. Casey had to return immediately to the base not too long ago. He requested more time off his leave to help Jane with the baby as we solved Abby's murder. It just about killed Jane when he had to return again.

The second the grandfather clock started to sing was the second I packed my bag and left work. I was in desperate need of a shower. Like I told Jane before, men are not attracted to the smell of death.

I clocked out for the day and said goodbye to Korsak and Cavanaugh. Walking into the police cafe, I decided to order some herbal tea. As I walked up to the counter, Angela said, "Would you like some of that herbal tea?"

"Yes. Thank you Angela," I answered.

When she was brewing up my tea, she came over to the counter where I was sitting and asked, "Having a special night?"

"What would make you think that?"

"Well you don't normally leave this early," she observed.

"Oh, yeah. Well I have a date," I smiled.

"With that man that was in a fight at the bar? He's a hunk...!"

"Ha ha, oh yes. He is," I replied with a chuckle.

"So where is he taking you?"

"I don't know, he just said out to dinner."

"Oh so he's surprising you! That's sweet. I wish Jane can find someone like that," she said as she turned around to get my tea. When she returned to the counter and handed me the cup, I whispered, "She'll find someone."

"Yeah, I hope so."

"Well, I must get going. Thank you, Angela."

When I got home, the first thing I did was take a shower. Nothing could compare to the feeling of washing away the deco smell that's all over you. I look forward to my nightly showers every day. When I finish drying off, I put on a black pencil skirt with a royal blue silky blouse that I evenly tucked in. I threw on my Louis Vuitton black suede pumps to complete the outfit.

I got extremely nervous when I heard the sound of a motorcycle's engine pull into my driveway. I peeked out of my window and saw him taking his helmet off and setting it next to another helmet. He grabbed a bouquet of flowers and placed them on the seat before he walked towards the door. He was wearing nice jeans, with a light blue dress shirt and a royal blue tie. For the first time, he wasn't wearing anything that contained leather- it took me by surprise.

I opened the door to greet him. He leaned over and kissed my cheek. "Um, we're taking that?" I asked him, pointing to his bike.

"Oh yeah, I hope that's okay?"

"Well, I don't think I could get my leg over the seat. My skirt would be in the way," I laughed. "Maybe I could get changed?"

"But I like the way you look right now," he said as he laid his hand on my waist and kissed me.

"Heh," I chuckled, "...let me go get changed. Care to join me?" I asked him.

"Oh no, I don't think I would be able to control myself if I went with you."

I smiled and walked into my bedroom closet to get changed. I switched my black pencil skirt with black tights and just draped my long blouse over my hips. Still wearing my pumps, I clicked my way back out into the living room. "Bret?" I called out, not seeing him.