Crazy

Dan woke up to the sound of a bicycle ridding by. He slowly opened his eyes. Seems he fell asleep. His clothes damp with the morning dew. He rubbed his eyes and sniffled. "Damn I might be catching a cold," he mumbled before yawning.

(Y/n) woke up, stretched, and fumbled out of bed. She looked out the window to see Dan sitting on her steps. "Has he... been there all night?" She asked before quickly getting dressed and running downstairs. She opened the door quietly to see Dan standing up and stretching his back before tiredly slumping back over. "You stayed here all night," she asked and he jolted. He spun around to face her and he nodded. "You really sure mad," she said baffled. "I wouldn't say mad, but this means a lot to me. I want to get to know you even if it's just a little bit longer. Just for my do- I mean my friend's peace of mind," he said meekly. "Well sense you seem to really care about this. I can at least admire the dedication and offer you some tea," she sighed. "That would be lovely," he smiled. She let him in, and le slowly walked into her home.

(Fav things) seemed to decorate the (f/color) walls. He sat at her table and she prepared the tea. He stayed quiet. "Ok so I should explain everything from the beginning and tell her I mean no harm it's not like she hates me, because she invited me in. Or maybe she was impressed by my determination.... regardless I need to be confident if I'm not then this all falls apart," Dan was in deep thought. "Milk, sugar?" She asked setting the cup down startling Dan. "

"Yet I made the big move to the city and left everything behind. Now I'm looking for a fresh start. Trying to find out who I really am with out someone telling me who I am. Finally being me," she said smiling to herself. "I've heard that before, but it feels different coming from her. I'm such an idiot," thought Dan before stirring his tea. Then he had a realization as he stared into the colored water, "I keep saying that my doll is her. That she is my doll... I don't know anything about her. She's a real person; who right know is deciding if I'm friend or foe. She doesn't belong to me, she isn't even my friend. A random girl came into my life and I tell her that she's a doll I made in my bedroom."

"I'm actually insane," Dan said out loud. "I kinda figured," she responded before biting into a biscuit. Dan jolted, "sorry I didn't mean to say that out loud," he said nervously. "Basically. So what's been going through your head. We've been sitting here for 10 minutes and all you've done is stare at your cup and make faces," she said before taking a sip. "Oh sorry for being weird. I guess my mind just wondered and I couldn't get off of it," he smiled and she shrugged. "Ok can I first tell you that I'm really sorry," he began and it caught her off guard. He continued, "you are your own person. You don't belong to anyone, and I over stepped my boundaries. I won't call you my doll anymore. Your name is (Y/n) and I respect that."

"Wow I didn't expect that," she said surprised. "Honestly I feel like an asshole. I'm not lying about anything. I may sound like a broken record, but listen, there must be a reason for all of this. I feel like we have a connection," he said unsure. "A connection?" She asked. "Let me get to know you," he said gently. "You sure," she asked and he nodded. She began with where she grew up, high school stories, and family shinanagins. Dan told her a little about his life, soon they were both smiling at each other. "So the doll thing. Still real," she asked. "Yeah I wasn't joking. I made a doll and she became human," he shrugged.

"You really are crazy aren't you," she smiled. "Only as crazy as I want to be," he smiled back. She blushed but quickly shook it off. "I can't believe he said that," she thought. "I can't believe I said that," he thought. They both looked into each other's eyes and quickly looked away. "So where do we go from here," she asked.

"Please come to my flat," asked Dan hopefully. "What! Now?!," she said unsure. "Please! If you feel uncomfortable or unsafe you are free to go at anytime," he smiled back. "Ok just once. Only if you promise that if I am aloud to leave at anytime," she crossed her arms. "Deal," smiled Dan and she softly smiled back.