Chapter 11

As they walked towards the private parlour, Viren couldn't stop admiring the woman in front of him, the one that was still dragging him holding his hand, he squeezed her hand and relished the feeling of it. It was so rare of Aghanya to initiate physical intimacy between them and hence he basked in the joyful moment.

Once they reached the private parlour, she let go of his hand. Viren frowned at her.

"You can't be still mad at me."

"I am." She snipped.

"Why? You already know that the video was fake."

He saw her taking in a deep breath. "I'm not angry at that. It pisses me off when you don't trust me. I can have male friends, Viren. And they're just friends for me. I'd never cheat on you. On anyone!" She stopped to take a breath and then continued, "What pisses me more off is you're the one who's unreliable and more likely to cheat in this relationship but you're suspecting me?!"

Viren tightened his lips, "Aghanya? I would never."

She scoffed at that, "Oh please. Was it me who ran away with my girlfriend to Bora Bora?"

Viren let out a breath to calm himself, "I'm sorry but was it me who went to a hotel with a man and hired an escort at that?"

Aghanya glared at him with so much fire that he was still standing in flesh and blood and not disintegrated into a pile of ashes by her feet. "You know it wasn't true."

"I know. Why can't you trust me?" He gripped her shoulders and leaned towards her, holding her eyes prisoner.

"Why can't you?" She asked back.

"We clearly need work...." Viren muttered dropping his hands.

A knock sounded on the door and they both looked away from each other.

"Come in." Aghanya said.

        ***

        Dhruv had watched the press conference. Infact he had driven Aghanya there and tried to provide moral support. Before he could follow Aghanya and Viren into the private parlour, he saw someone, a very familiar someone, walk past him. Someone he had angered greatly.

        "Is that what you're going to do? Ignore me as if we're strangers?" He paced behind Janvi. She stiffened after hearing his voice but decided to ignore him. She was in her uniform meaning she was here on business.

        "Janvi." He called out and she still ignored him.

        "I'm sorry." And again, nothing.

   He caught her hand after she had knocked on the door and dragged her to an empty corridor. She struggled against his hold and pulled her hand off as if his touch burned her.

            "I'm sorry. I was wrong in mentioning Khushi." He said patiently.

             "Mr. Kapadia. Please. I'm here on duty. Don't interfere while I'm on my job." She glared at him. "Unlike you, some of us have to work for actually filling our stomach."

       Dhruv raked a hand through his hair in frustration. "Janvi?! I'm sorry. You have to know how sorry I am." He fell in pace with her as she started walking again.

      "I know. I just don't think I'll be able to forgive you that easily." She let out her inner thoughts. "Now, please. Let me do my job."

        Dhruv let the topic go. "Why are you here? Any lead on the Varun Sighaniya murder case?"

      "No." She paused for a bit but seeing as Dhruv waited for her answer, she continued, "I'm here because Aghanya Raizayda was in a car accident a few days ago."

      "She was?!" Dhruv asked shocked. "Why do I know nothing about this?"

      Janvi just walked faster in irritation.

     ***

       Unknown POV:

       I had a normal childhood, nothing too bad actually. If someone had told me that I would become a psychopath and a killer, I wouldn't've believed them. But here I am. I killed my boyfriend. I killed Varun Sighaniya.

       I loved him though. I loved him so much and to think he had cheated on me. With her.

      She walked in with her prim and proper attire and her perfect smile. I waved my hand at her. She pulled out the chair in front and sat herself down.

        "Well, hello. Seems like you had trouble finding this place." I said with a smile on my face. 

        "Yes." She looked around. "This cafe looks amazing though."

      "It's my favourite place in the city." I pushed her mug towards her. "I ordered for you. Don't worry, I haven't poisoned it." Not yet.

       "Thank you." She said picking up her mug and taking a sip. Putting the cup down she gave a lovely smile, "Thank you for the video. It helped me, a lot."

      I waved and laughed it off. "No need to thank me, Aghanya. Hope you have mended things with Viren?"

     "Not yet." Her smile dropped and it gave me so much joy.

       I took my cup and sipped my beverage. The cup had a print of my pink lipstick and I swiped my finger over the cup to erase it.

      "It will be okay eventually. Aghanya."

     "I hope so. Thank you so much. I need to go now."

      "Yes. Should I drop you off?"

     "No. I'm fine." She said and walked away.

    And I plotted a thousand ways I could play with her.

   ***

A/N: I know. It's been a month. It was hell of a month. My internship is over though. So I hope I can upload regularly.