Chapter 28

"Oh right! They really did a number on you! He married you because he knew he was the reason your whole life got messed up. He doesn't love you. He pities you. He sees you as a redemption. Now, run along to your sad pathetic husband who loves someone else and that someone else is your sister."

      Janvi had gotten out of her room when she heard Nikhil rant it.

     "What are you saying, Nikhil?!" She yelled. She didn't want to believe it.

      They both turned to look at her. Kushi's eyes were filled with tears. "Dee? It isn't true, right."

      "Kushi...I'm sorry."

       "So. It's true." Kushi stumbled back in shock.

       "It was years ago. I'm sorry. I should've told you. He loves you, he does."

        "You think I want your charity?! Your left overs?! You think you're someone great because you sacrificed your love for me?!" She yelled,

      "No. Kushi...." Before she could say anything. Kushi had walked away.

        She turned her attention to Nikhil, "I really liked you. I did. But I never thought you would fall this low!" She said and tried to walk away.

    He grabbed her arm and pulled her back, "I have loved you for six years! Six fucking years! I never stood a chance with you because you always had you eyes set on Dhruv!"

      "Nikhil?! Let me go!" She struggled against him.

       "I have! I have! I have let you go all this time! Not anymore!"

      He flipped her and slammed her to the wall, he tried kissing her, Janvi raised her leg and kneed him in his private parts.

        He groaned and let her go falling to the floor. "Don't even try to look at me again." She kicked him again.

     "What's going on? I heard voices." Viren walked towards her. "Are you okay?" He asked her. 

     "I'm fine." She said but she knew it was a lie. She was broken inside. The last part of her that was alive was just crushed to pieces.

     "I want to be alone, Viren." She sighed and walked past him.

   ***

      Kushi couldn't feel herself. Everything felt so surreal. Blood rushed to her ears blocking all sound. She aimlessly walked to her room. She opened the door to see Dhruv on the phone.

      She didn't even know her legs speeding up until she had slapped him. The sound echoed her ears. His phone fell to the ground from the impact.

     "I told you! I told you not to pity me! Didn't I?" Sobs rocked her chest. "Then why? I know about you and dee! Why did you marry me then?"

       He said nothing. She shoved his chest pushing him back. "Why aren't you saying something? Who gave you the rights to do this?!"

       He held her hands, "I love you."

    She pulled her hands away from him, "Fuck your love! Your love stemmed from pity!"

    "Kushi, listen to me. Please..."

       "Why should she?" Aghanya said. Kushi broke out into sobs and went over to hug her.

     "Why should she?! You think because you are a man, you can marry her for redemption, for pity?! She doesn't need that! Not from you! Not from anyone!"