New Year's Eve Now

Aghanya Jha was shocked to recieve the invite for a new year's eve intimate party. It wasn't shocking. But the invite was from Sakshi Rane Sandhini. She called Kushi and came to know that she had gotten the invite too. And she wasn't going because Dhruv was going. Janvi and Veer weren't going because they were out of town.

The baby, Krishna cried and she picked him up. "What do you want to do, baba? Do you want to go to a party?"

The baby cooed. "Oh yes, you do?" She cooed. "We'll take dada and go."

She kissed her baby's head and played with him for a while.

Aghanya dressed up in her best saree and she found Viren entering the room woth Krishna in his arms. "Oh look at that, Krishna. Your mother is so beautiful." Viren walked to her and kissed her handing Krishna to her.

"You ready?"

She nodded and they drove to the Sandhini mansion.

The house looked humongous. Well, Sandhinis were one of the richest families in India. Aghanya took in a deep breath and rang the door bell.

A butler opened the door and helped them with their coats. Krishna was wide awake looking at the new place in awe. Aghanya had the same look on her face.

The house was furnished with glass and Italian marble. Paintings of famous painters were on the walls. "Mrs. Jha is waiting for you in the drawing room." The butler said and they followed to the room. He helped with the door and Sakshi Rane was seated in a leather couch. She was wearing a beautiful black and gold dress, her lipstick was red as a cherry and her hair was prim and proper straightened. Shr stood up and smiled at them.

"Welcome. Please have a seat. I think Dhruv would be arriving soon. Mr. Shah, please get the guests some refreshments."

Aghanya sat on the couch opposite to hers while she eyed Viren. She felt jealousy bubble in her. Sakshi said, "Can I hold him?"

Aghanya then realised that Sakshi was looking at Krishna. Viren handed him over to Sakshi. "Hello my love! How cute you are....."

Aghanya felt her inhibitions melt away. The way that she cooed over Krishna made her seem normal.

The doorbell rang and soon after, Kushi and Dhruv entered the drawing room. Dhruv had a smile on his face as he hugged Aghanya but Aghanya saw that his eyes were cold and hard.

Kushi hadn't come like she had said, Aghanya understood. Kushi's mother had been in an accident on New Year's several years ago and she avoided going out on New Year's Eve. But she was curious about Dhruv.

Dhruv sat down on an arm chair. The butler was back with the refreshments and Aghanya took a cup. It was the best hot chocolate she had ever had.

The door clicked open, "Sakshi? What is this?" The temperature in the room went down a few degrees. Aghanya saw Sakshi stiffen. A tall, lean man entered the room eyeing them. He was handsome, she would give him that. But Aghanya felt that the man hadn't laughed a day in his life. Siddharth Sandhini was an awful bore, she thought.

His eyes narrowed to the baby in his wife's arms. He looked at her stunned. "I'm holding a small gathering. That's all. I didn't know you'd be home tonight."

Aghanya saw Siddharth stiffen as Krisna leaned over reaching to him. He wanted Siddharth to hold him. She saw that he obliged. He took him from his wife's arms and he glared at the child. Krishna only patted his cheek and gurgled.

Aghanya felt like laughing. Her son was a genuis.

***

Sakshi felt him looking at her as if she was a criminal. She was annoyed now. Had she no right to hold a party if she wanted to? "What is he doing here?" He bobbed the baby up and down asking her that. It was really funny. His strict glare and him bobbing was very amusing to her.