Chapter 13

As the phone flashed, Aghanya sat staring at the blinking screen. She couldn't collect her thoughts that seemed all over the place. Her chest hurt. She couldn't begin to comprehend that Viren might be the one blackmailing her. But why? She remembered all the instances when she was attacked, Viren wasn't there. But Viren was shot once? Her head started aching as her thoughts blurred.

       Switching off the phone, she taped it back. She took a deep breath, she needed a plan to find out if the messages that were sent to her were from Viren or not.

      ***

          Viren had reached home late purposely. His room was empty. He threw his phone on his bed and turned the door knob of his bathroom and it was locked.

        "I'll be out in a minute!" She said and Viren jumped back in surprise. He hadn't expected her to be at home. The situation that was in the morning, he was surprised she hadn't decided to stay in her flat.

        He popped his shirt buttons and started unbuttoning them. The door open and the smell of Roses wafted inside the room. His senses were alert and he found Aghanya in the mirror's reflection, her hair was wet and she was drying it with a towel. He didn't even notice that he was blatantly staring at her like a school boy staring at his first crush. He looked away from the mirror and tried focusing on unbuttoning his last two buttons.

      But he was failing at focusing on such a simple task. The woman was now before him hogging the mirror and his gaze fell on her back which was exposed by her deep back design of her kurta. The two strings dangled on the side which tied was supposed to give the illusion of modesty.

          As if hearing her thoughts, her hands reached behind her back snd pulled the drawstring and started looping them but she couldn't quite get itand strained herself. Not being able to watch anymore he stepped forward, "Let me..."

Their hands brushed and she quickly pulled away hers. His hands brushed her back and his every fibre and node came alive. He pulled the strings and looped them once, his heart hammering. He watched from the mirror, Aghanya's hands were tightly clutching the towel and her chest heaved up and down. He looked away from her reflection and focused on the strings. He looped it once again and tied a bow as a drop fell from her wet strands and trailed down her back leaving a wet train, his throat suddenly went dry and he felt the overwhelming urge to follow that wet trail with his mouth.

    He almost bowed down to stamp his burning lips on her cool skin to relieve his parched insides that he remembered what she had said, Your hands hurts from stabbing my back but you stabbed me! You have no idea how bad it hurts.... He grasped her shoulders and gently pushed himself away.

***

Aghanya stood shell shocked when he turned around and left her standing there, high and dry. Her whole plan of seducing the truth out of Viren had gone down the drain. Her insecurities ate her up. Of course it didn't work. A backless kurta on her, would never work on Viren who had seen countless women, hot women, naked. Frustrated she picked up the comb and roughly tugged her strands.

When the shower shut off from the bathroom, she ran to the bed and slid inside the covers feigning sleep. The bathroom door shut. She squeezed her eyes close, she could hear him rustling around the room. Then she heard the buzz of the hair dryer. And after a few moments it stopped.

She heard his padded footsteps towards her and it stopped. The bed tipped from his weight. And she opened her eyes. He sat on the tip of the bed but he was looking towards the window. Her breath hitched, he looked ethereal with his semi wet hair and wearing a white sweatshirt. But his eyes, his eyes looked sad.

      And if someone had said, Viren could've possibly had a dark side in that moment, she would've believed them. He turned his head and caught her looking at him. "Get up..." He said in a mild tone and walked away and picked up the hair dryer and walked back to her. Reluctantly she sat up. She thought he might place the hair dryer inside the bedside drawer but he unplugged the lamp and plugged in the dryer.

        He sat behind her at an arms distance and she heard the buzz of the hair dryer and felt hot air swish through her hair. He parted her hair from behind and directed the hair dryer in that direction.

        "You'll catch a cold if you sleep with wet hair." He muttered behind her.

         The buzzing stopped and he put the hair dryer aside. She felt his fingers run through her hair to relieve it of knots. Her chest felt warm and her breath came out in pants. His fingers slid down her bare arms and rested on her wrists, guiding her wrists to cross over her stomach he pulled her closer towards his chest.

       His chest was warm and she could feel the occasional beats of his chest. His breath brushed her neck and he tilted her forehead on her shoulder.

          "I'm sorry."

       She barely heard him. She was sure she was hallucinating. But he continued,

           "I'm sorry that I made empty apologies, that I couldn't understand you and thought of my own guilt selfishly. I'm sorry that through my apologies I sought an escape rather than your forgiveness. Rather than your forgiveness, I sought your forgetfulness. I am sorry."

       ****

       A/N: I'm sick but I couldn't stop writing this. I love you guys. I have an Instagram it's @sultanate_of_fate if you guys want to interact with me the  you can DM me there.

Also I have a story called His Dua which is similar to this. Would love it if you read it.