Chapter 21

Aghanya looked at the streams of marigold garlands hanging from the ceiling

Aghanya looked at the streams of marigold garlands hanging from the ceiling. "Wow, Dhruv, the decorations are amazing."

"Thank you. But I take no credit for it. Your husband did everything." Dhruv said sipping on his glass.

Aghanya choked on her champagne, "What?! He's here?"

Dhruv chuckled, "Did you expect me to not invite him?"

"I just am flustered. I haven't seen him two weeks, you know?"

"Oh, this will be fun to watch."

Aghanya said, "Okay, I'm going to see Kushi." She walked away and stopped, turned around and grabbed his whiskey glass. "And stop drinking already."

"Kushi?" Aghanya opened the door. Kushi smiled widely at her screaming and jumping to her, finally hugging her.

    "I'm so glad. You're here."

      "I'm so happy you're getting married. To Dhruv. Who would've thought?"

       "I know. But I'm happy, I really am."

         ***

       Dhruv sighed finishing another glass of whiskey and signalled the waited to bring him another glass. He deliberately was drowning himself inWhiskey because every moment closer to the wedding was making him experience cold feet.

      "Hey."

     He turned around to see Janvi wearing a yellow salwar kameez with her hair open, the mirror work in her dress shined on his eyes, "I wanted to talk to you. Whatever I said yesterday was wrong. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have. I don't know what went wrong with me yesterday. I'm happy for your marriage, okay?"

      "It's okay." He took another sip of the whiskey. He wasn't happy. He wanted to say that.

       He saw Nikhil entering the venue behind from where Janvi was standing. "Hey, Nikhil!" He waved.

       Janvi looked back and her eyes widened as she gave him the eye.

     "Hey Dhruv. Thanks for inviting me." He shook Dhruv's hand.

       "No problem. This is my to be sister in law, Janvi." He motioned to Janvi.

         "I know Janvi. We work in the same station together. You didn't mention anything about your sister's wedding?"

        "Ah...we decided to keep the guest list short. So..."

         "It's okay." He chuckled. His phone rang and he excused himself. Once he left, Janvi turned to him, "You invited my boss?"

        "I invited the guy that was interested in you five years ago. You don't remember him, the message?"

          "Oh right! Still? Why would you do this?"