Revival of the Sea

CHAPTER DEDICATION GOES TO bobcats122115 . Your guess wasn't spot on but it was close! As promised, I'll pm you with the details.

FURTHERMORE, If any of you are new writers, be sure to check out IAFOfficial . They're launching a really cool program for new writers, cover artists and reviewers. CHECK OUT THEIR PROFILE FOR DETAILS.

ANNOUNCEMENT: Next chapter, I'll be doing a random Percy Jackson X Someone chapter, so if you can guess who that person is, I'll pm you and you can...I dunno like ask me three questions that I'll have to answer.
—————————————————————

UNKNOWN POV

'You're pretty fired up' A voice called.

'Well it's been a long time since I've been involved in anything remotely interesting' I stated.

HE stepped into the room, an oblivious expression on his face, cracking his neck casually. He seemed really uninterested, but there was a certain excitement in his character, a spring in his step.

'What about you? You play it cool, but you're fired up as well aren't you?'

He held his hands up. 'You got me there'

He took a few breath. 'How can I not be? I've been waiting for this moment'

I walked past him, heading to the door. I stopped once I reached. Looking back I could see him concentrating, his muscles tensing.

His eyes became blue. The atmosphere, electric.

'You've been asleep, Prince. But now you're awake. The last piece of the puzzle'

I closed the door behind me as I exited, but the barely audible screams followed me through the dark, empty and desolate castle, as if seeping through the walls of its tunnel.

The screams soon turned into laughter.

Maniacal Laughter.

PERCY'S POV

Silence. I'm the one in control.

I snapped out of my conflict with myself (if that makes any sense).

Taking a deep breath, I stepped towards the sea, my footprints taking shape as I took each step on the the wet sand.

Lately, the sea had stopped being a safe haven for me. I didn't feel safe, comfortable, reassured near the sea anymore. The sea no longer felt like home.

It felt gray, as if it had lost all its extravagance, all its purpose, all its power.

I walked straight into the water, as far as where the water came up to my knees. I knelt down, dipping my hand in the water.

I didn't just feel gray. It was literally gray, as if the colour had faded from the water.

I reminded myself of my beginnings, my childhood, of my time in Camp, of my father. For a minute, I acknowledged myself again. For a minute, I wasn't Satan, Son Of Chaos. I was Perseus, Son Of Poseidon.

As an immediate effect, the water regained its colour, as if a new lifeline had been granted to it.

I felt a hand on my shoulder. I quickly turned around.