The Return to the Home of Hell

I felt a sudden sickness. I felt lightheaded and disoriented. I felt like sleeping. Just as I was thinking of curling up and sleeping,the thick black mass spit me out.

I landed on my feet. I mean literally. I fell and landed on my feet. As I was about to roll on the ground,my feet stuck to the ground. I looked at Chaos who was standing next to me,looking stony. He snapped his fingers and my feet unstuck. I glared at Chaos.

His pressure finally cracked and he burst out laughing. 'You....should've .......seen.....your......face...... You were......grinning....like....crazy' he said between laughs.

I felt myself grinning too. I looked at my surroundings and the grin faded away. The same black doors. The three headed dog. The same dirty river. And the same Angel of death.

I gasped,choking suddenly. I grasped my throat,trying to breath. But I felt my conscious slipping away. The Underworld was my last thought as I plunged I to the depths of darkness.

I opened my eyes. I wasn't choking now. Chaos stood above me with Thanatos. Thanatos was focused on a tab. 'Yo' I said,my voice cracking.

'Yo you' said Thanatos waving his hand towards me,still focused on his tab. Chaos grinned in greeting. He grabbed my hand and hauled me to my feet.

After I was up and okay,Chaos glanced at me. I looked at him expectantly,wanting to know what we were doing in the realm of the god of Death. Chaos sighed and began to explain. 'Percy,you need soldiers for the Army. The best way to find them is to go to Elysium. I hope you have some good friends down there'. Chaos smiled. I suddenly knew what he meant. I grinned,showing my everlasting gratitude to the creator of the Universe.

Chaos waved his hand at Thanatos. 'Besides,Hades and Thanatos here had a debt to me. Now they have payed up'. Thanatos,on cue, looked up. 'Lord Deity, I have sent mind messages to all of them and ordered them to group at the doors of Elysium. You have to move quickly now. I will take my leave here. And Percy' he looked at me 'It really is good to see you again,Savior'. Thanatos smiled at vanished in the shadows.

I gaped at the Underworld. It hadn't changed a bit in the last few years since I visited. While I was wrapped in my thoughts,Chaos was speaking,and let me tell you it was pretty animatedly. Chaos looked at me. 'Do you?'. I stared at him,awkwardly. 'What?' I asked lamely.

Chaos rolled his magnificent blue eyes. 'I was saying that now that you're friends are all gathered,let's go to Elysium. You don't have a problem with Elysium do you?'

I smiled. 'No' I said

Chaos grinned his mad grin again. We trudged through the Underworld. After a few minutes of heavy walking,we finally reached our destination. The Golden Gate of Elysium. Two set of heavy golden doors,with heavy intricate designs of Latin and Greek.

I gulped and watched as Chaos opened the doors. Sure,I was happy to see my friends again. But what if they didn't agree with me? What if they didn't join? What if they were angry with me? Too many questions arose but I pushed them down.

I watched nervously as the doors creaked and opened into the brightly lit heaven. Standing impatiently in front of the doors were the few people who died for me.

I watched as Connor,Travis and Nico made they're way to me,beaming like maniacs. But all I could think of was the heart break as I saw them. I dropped to my knees,my legs complaining. But I could care less.

I hung my head low as I sobbed,trying to hold back the tears that just weren't stopping. They finally reached me and grabbed my shoulders and pulled me up. I unhiched myself of the ground as I was hauled up. I stared into the worried eyes of Nico Di Angelo as he stared at my heart broken form. I blinked as tears welled up again. I forced myself against crying. I was a man. I had to deal with this. But the force was cracking. I staggered and just held myself up. Nico reached forward and grabbed my shoulder. 'Perce,man what's wrong?' Travis said. 'I was the reason you all died. My fault. All my fault. I let you die. I could have saved all of me'.