Chapter One

Warning: Mild Language

Chapter One

I think most wolves look forward to that defining moment in their lives when they turn 18 and find their mate. They say that when you lock eyes with your mate and smell their sent, you just automatically know that they were meant for you. You can look into their eyes and know that they will always love you unconditionally no matter what, even if a part of them resents it. There is physically nothing they can do about it. Wolf's mates are always pre-destined.

Most people believe that it's an honor to be mated to one of the "all-mighty" wolves of our community. Male or female...in this case gender doesn't matter. All wolves are male and are pansexual. Some people don't quite understand how we can be so nonchalant about it, but there is nothing we can do...it's hardwired into our systems.

Oh yeah...did I mention that I am one of those "all-mighty" werewolves (Sarcasm here).

Yeah, if you haven't noticed, I think that it's complete bull how people worship the ground werewolves walk on. It's actually kind of pathetic and makes me sick. In my opinion, we are no better than anyone else and let me just tell you, I am one of the few wolves who think this.

Most of us are stuck up jerks and who get their kicks out of the reactions of the humans. They love that they are treated like kings. They think they are better than everyone else. I hate it. I hate it with a passion. Maybe that ruthless, heartless gene passed over me, which I am grateful for, because I could never make someone feel inferior to me, no matter what I am.

Okay, back to the mate thing...I hate that too.

I hate that I can't pick out who I will spend my life with. I hate that the choice is taken away from me and the person destined to be my mate. I mean...what if they don't want to be with me? Or what happens if they already found that special person that they want to spend their lives with? Who am I to take away their dreams, their freedom?

Because to me that's what it seems like. Our mates are trapped with us. Just because of our werewolf "Voo-doo", they automatically love us. How is that real? Maybe I only feel like this because I haven't mated yet. Maybe my opinion will change when I find that person. Maybe I'm just a nervous wreck.

My 18th birthday is tomorrow, which means that I'm most likely going to find my mate because we mate within our communities and of course I still go to school, I'm a senior this year.

Another thing that makes me sick is that the girls, and even some guys, know that I turn 18 tomorrow, so they will actually be waiting and looking for me, just to see if they can make eye contact with me. How unbelievable horrendous does that sound? It's also a little worse because I'm the future Alpha of our pack. Everyone wants to mate with the Alpha.

Gag.

Most of the others wolves loved to be fawned over like that. They think it's the funniest thing in the world and they actually get this huge ego boost over it. Me? Not so much. I think it's pathetic that they think so highly of themselves. Who would want to be with someone like that? Who would want to be stuck with that person for the rest of their lives?

I hope if I do find my mate, that one day they can look past the "Voo-doo" and actually love me for the person I am under the wolf. I think if that would be possible, then I wouldn't be such a huge cynic towards our mating rituals.

I hope that my mate is at least a decent person. I swear to God that if my mate is one of those dumb, fake, cruel, bimbo bitches who screws anything that walks, then I think I may just have to end my life. I could not spend my life with someone like that no matter what my wolf "Voo-doo" says.

I guess I should probably go to sleep now and stop ranting about my own damn species huh? Apparently I have a big day tomorrow. Did I mention I'm not looking forward too? Did you get that vibe? Ha-Ha. Of course you did.

Oh yeah, by the way...My names Logan.