Chapter 2: Infliction

Sophie woke up the next morning bags under her eyes, worrying over last nights nightmares. What was that voice before I went to sleep? Am I being watched? Who's in my mind? Am I broken again? Sophie's mind whipped through a million possibilities at once, making her head throb. She held her head, and put her hand on the wall to steady herself.   "You okay there?" Grady's voice said in concern, "Oh yeah... sure, n-" Sophie was caught off guard by a milder hitting her head. Grady was above her shouting for Sandor. Grady ran downstairs with Sandor in pursuit. Edaline ran upstairs with a milder shooting at an enemy Sophie couldn't see. Edaline dragged Sophie into their room and hid Sophie. "Sophie everything's going to be fine, just stay put.. never mind, just if the milder wears off don't move. Everything's going to be okay!" Edaline said the last part in a hurry leaving Sophie confused. A few minutes later the milder wore off leaving Sophie in the dark of the room. Outside there was shouts, melders going off Verdi's anxious screams. Sophie had memorized Verdis' screams. This one was, Let me eat EVERYTHING! Sophie heard silence. She crept out of the house seeing Grady and Edaline paralyzed and off to the side of the house and two black hooded figures with their backs facing Sophie. Sophie levitated above them and out of sight, her concentration was shaky but she made it a few feet above them. She rubbed the knot under her ribs, tried to focus as hard as she could so she wouldn't hit Grady and Edaline, and let rage burst forth from the knot after a minute of bursting energy that had left her body, she floated down over to the crouched bodys. Believing they were unconscious she kicked one. The hooded figure whipped around with a knife leaving a gaping hole in her shoulder. She screamed and let burst forth another wave of rage and anger. The body crumpled next to the other one which lay deathly still. Sophie had started levitating without realizing it only a few feet off the ground was when she realized. She was in a trance of some sort. She stopped inflicting, grabbed a milder off the body's of the figures, shot them twice each and unhooded them. Sophie let out a gasp that could have shakes the world. 

    Alvar lay crumpled in a heap beneath Sophie. She felt like she was gonna cry but then. Using the sucker punch gadget Dex had given her punched him in the nose as hard as she could. Twice. She heard a crack at the last punch she overlooked the other one, her blood ran cold. Brant. A stump for a hand.... She also sucker punched him in the nose twice. She lifted the two up, using whatever energy she had left she then turned around, seeing the entire council, Elwin, Alden, Fitz, Biana, Dex, Tam, Linh, Marella, and Keefe. (Basically the whole gang minus Della and Leto) She dropped the bodies and they fell. "So hey council guess who showed up at my doorstep...." Sophie seemed to try and say in the most cheerful tone she could muster. "Who?" Emery asked.  "Alvar and Brant, they tried to kidnap me again. Grady and Edaline are over there," she nodded where they were behind them. Elwin was already treating there wounds. Sophie hadn't realized at the time but her shoulder finally realized, oh hey, aren't we bleeding massively?  Sophie let out a weird kind of chuckle and then blacked out.

    Sophie woke up in her bed with her shoulder bandaged and she was wearing a sleeveless tunic and black leggings. Nobody was in the room but there was shouting downstairs. Sophie surveyed her shoulder. Then behind her Keefe walked up, startling Sophie.  "Sorry.." He mumbled with worry and sadness in his eyes.  "Hey," Sophie said quietly. Keefe hugged Sophie tightly being careful of her shoulder she hugged him back. "Hey, everything okay?" Sophie asked, concern filling her voice. Small sobs had escaped Keefe's mouth by then, Sophie pulled him closer and onto the bed, so he was sitting next to her while hugging her neck.  "I... I.." Keefe pulled away but still sat on the bed with Sophie. Keefe turned to face Sophie, confusion was written all over her face. Keefe leaned in and- "AHEM" Keefe and Sophie turned as red as a tomato just as Grady walked in while everybody was still climbing the stairs. Keefe scrambled off the bed. When everyone came up Keefe and Sophie were bright red and Grady was giving Keefe the You Will Die Soon look. Sophie went to go pick up something to read but as she went to grab the book Elwin pulled it away. "Hey! I was planning on reading that..." Elwin looked at her like she was insane. "Your muscles were torn to the bone Sophie you can't lift anything, your lucky that you can even move your arm!" Sophie apologized to Elwin then looked at everyone else. "So, what's happenin!" She said in a cheerful tone to lighten the mood. Grady finally stopped glaring at Keefe and said "Well you were out for a few hours so everyone stayed to make sure you were okay. I told everyone to get comfy, but apparently to some people COMFY means try and KISS MY DAUGHTER!!" Fitz looked incredibly angry, Keefe looked like he was going to burst from humiliation, Tam looked like he might actually laugh, and Biana was giggling off in the corner, Linh was snickering with Dex too. Sophie cut Inv before Keefe could leap out of there. "Dad!" She switched between what to call Grady and Edaline because it seamed weird to just call them Grady and Edaline all the time. "Well I need some rest and so do you now shoo!" She stated with an anger. Grady rolled his eyes and walked over and said, "We're gonna talk tommorow.." he whisper shouted. Sophie waited until he had his back turned then she stuck her tongue out at him, sending another wave of giggles and snickers through everyone. Everyone hugged her goodnight and she transmitted to Keefe, Panakes Tree 11 o'clock I'm still going! He nodded slightly and everyone left except for Edaline. Edaline walked up to Sophie and whispered, "You and Keefe are adorable, don't let your father stop what you might want." She winked then walked out. Keefe was the last to leave waving goodbye smirking and whispered "11" and with a wink, he too was gone. Leaving Sophie to count the hours until eleven o'clock. 

   Hi guys! It's me Kit again! Glad you decided to stick around, this is the second chapter, (well duh..) and I hope Grady doesn't kill Keefe.... Edaline seems to approve though. -sigh- Next chapter will probably be published soon or later on tomorrow. Stay strong! 

-Kit