Chapter 14: Awakening...

Sophie woke up into a bunch of people off to end of her room with Magnate Leto sitting on her bed next to her. Sophie was under her blankets, warmth! Sophie thought to herself, missing the feeling. Magnate Leto looked at Sophie in utter amazement. "What?" Sophie asked quietly. "Your mind, when it's starting to slowly break, it handles it beautifully. What was that amazing haven with the swans circling above us?" Magnate Leto looked like she had just won the Nobel Peace Prize. When Sophie was a kid, with the humans, she dreamed of accepting one. "It's not exactly a haven. I had a terrifying clone try and murder me in my sleep there. Even though it was a nightmare, it felt like someone lurked in my brain, waiting for the right moment to kill..." Sophie trailed off, shrugging then pushing off her covers and jumping off her bed. Then wobbling on her knees, she fell face first. 

   Elwin shrieked and started fussing over Sophie's muscles. Sophie just glared as he picked her up and dropped her on the bed. Flashing his orbs in front of her leg muscles and arm muscles. "How long have I been out?" The words were all too familiar to Sophie. To her, it felt like she said'em every dang day... "Three days was it?" Elwin said, looking at Edaline and Grady to make sure. Sophie flopped back on her bed, "When does Foxfire start?" She sighed dreading the work she might have missed. "Considering certain events that have happened recently, the council has told everyone that they have extended the wait for after the end of the school year for a few more weeks. The months you spent at Fitz's clone place was the majority of that time." Magnate Leto explained. Sophie yawned, glad she didn't miss any homework. Keefe said, "If only Foster could have a separate room for Elwin." Keefe said, the mood brightened at that. Edaline nodded and chuckled, so did everyone else as well. "Why did my mind break so easily?" Sophie said, noticing she had accidentally dampened the mood again, Magnate Leto's reply was... different. "Well, considering how much guilt you've been dealing with... I guess, it just kind of fractured." Sophie just gave him the most confused look she could muster, then dropped it. "I neeeeeeeeed sleeeeeeep!" Sophie said as she yawned massively. Everyone chuckled. "But you just did for a few days!" Biana laughed. 

    "How's Marella doing by the way?" Sophie asked after a while. "Oh, she's been dealing with a LOT of training lately on her pyrokinesis. She does not want to lose any type of control." Magnate Leto emphasized 'lot' with a lot of meaning. Sophie nodded, while crawling under her covers. Sophie dozed for a few hours, then Keefe woke her up from her amazing sleep. "Hmph!" Sophie muffled beneath her covers. Keefe laughed, "You should share." Sophie spread out across her entire bed making sure there wasn't much room for him to sleep on. Sophie laughed and said, "Nuh uh! Ya snooze ya lose." Keefe just said, "Well when could I have cuddled with you,"  pulling the covers away from her face so he could see her. "When I was getting ready to doze off." Sophie smirked at Keefe, making him smile. "Grady would have killed me." He said matter-of-factly. "Nah, he seems chill with you for now." Sophie shrugged, "Yeah! For now." He emphasized 'for now' like it was the most obvious thing in the world. Sophie moved Ella over and made room for him, scootching back to her original spot. "What time is it?" Sophie asked while rubbing her eye. "9ish" Keefe shrugged at that, then cuddled up to Sophie, they both fell asleep a few minutes later.