Chapter 4: Coincidences?

Sophie and Keefe scrambled down staircase after staircase, then finally reaching the courtyard, not realizing all the commotion they had stirred. Keefe grabbed Sophie by the hand shoving past elf after elf. Somebody shouted, "Sophie! Keefe!?" Making the commotion so much worse. Sophie and Keefe bursted through Elwin's office, only to collapse right at his feet. 

     "You and your collapsing Sophie..." Elwin muttered to himself. Sophie let out a yelp from the balm that was being smothered on her burns.  "Stop moving you have third degree burnson your face, wrist, and neck." Sophie didn't move until the balm had faded off her skin, leaving no scars or burns.  "How long were we gone?" Keefe seemed to talk quietly even though nothing had happened to him.  "Four weeks. Foxfire was canceled so you didn't miss anything. Today was a meeting sort of with all the parents and kids." Sophie looked over at Keefe and he rolled his eyes, "Guess they just HAD to wait for the amazing Foster-Keefe show..." Keefe said earning him a laugh by Sophie. 

    Sophie slept through the entire day at Havenfield, hoping the nightmares themselves would just get up nad leave her mind. She heard voices quiet ones, her friends. Sophie thought. They can wait, I was stuck with Keefe for four weeks...

    Later that evening while drinking some weird tea that tasted like mint chocolate chip ice cream, everyone had walked in slowly asking questions not trying to overwhelm her. Sophie was finally tired of them asking basic questions so she looked at Keefe next to her drawing a portrait of someone, then launched through the whole story. Talking about how she was grabbed from behind, who Absinthe was, what she thought he was, when he said he was way worse then Vespera, and how she got smacked, and everything in between, each statement making Keefe more furious then the last. Sophie put a hand on his shoulder reassuring him that they were fine. What if he's worried just about himself? Maybe I mean nothing to him...? Sophie pushed away her boy thoughts and answered questions that the group swarmed her with. 

    Sophie was fast asleep when she heard a knock on her door, expecting Edaline or Grady to pop in, she saw Keefe.  "What are you doing here?" Sophie asked quizzically.  "Surprise.?" He said in a joking tone, but the trademark smirk didn't reach his eyes as he said it. "Having trouble sleeping?" Sophie asked. "Yea, how can you at this time?" Keefe asked, giving her a confused look.  "Edaline gave me a very very mild sedative. I can't deal with the nightmares at the moment." Sophie said quietly. "Everything all right?" He too asked quietly.   "No." Sophie seemed to whisper.  "Can I sit beside you?" He asked. "Sure, by the way, how'd you get in here at this time?" Sophie asked looking confused wondering why Grady would allow this.  "Edaline said I could because of all that had happened. Grady looked like he was going to yell but Edaline stopped him."  Keefe said smirking at the last part. He stared at her with sadness in his eyes, "Grady doesn't approve of me does he?" Sophie snorted as if it would say 'Obviously Not'. Keefe grinned ear to ear, making Sophie grin too. "No, but Edaline does she-" Sophie stopped herself, realizing that if she said it, it would be incredibly awkward. "What Foster?" Keefe said his smirk growing as the seconds ticked by. Empaths. Sophie rolled her eyes. "That's a story for another day." She said smirking. Keefe gasped and said, "Your kicking me out?" giving her a face of mock hurt. "Unless your willing to sleep on the floor, and deal with the rath of Grady in the morning.." Sophie snickered.  "Well I have a solution to both!" He smirked. Grabbing an extra blanket off her bed and taking a pillow be hind Sophie.  "Hey that's mine!" Sophie said with a face of annoyance. "You have like, twenty on the bed. I'm sure you'll live.." Keefe said as he rolled his eyes. Sophie rolled her eyes, then went to go sleep when she was immediately hugged from behind.  "I'm so sorry for what they did to you.." his voice barely above a whisper. Sophie turned around to hug him back,  "Keefe?" Sophie said with sadness. "Yes?" He said burrowing his head between her neck and head. "Can I touch your hair?" Sophie asked. Keefe chuckled a bit, "Yes you may Foster." She gently ran her finger through his hair. Which seemed to calm him down,after a few minutes, he went back to his spot on the floor saying goodnight.  "Goodnight Foster." Keefe said quietly sleep filling his words. "Goodnight Keefe." 

     Early in the morning Sophie checked her iPod, it was 4 am. The sun poking through the windows. And Iggys snores filling the room. Keefe was getting ready to leave but Sophie stopped him. "You know what?" She asked Keefe. "What?" Keefe said getting the few things he had brought together and trying to fix his already messy hair back to an at least normal position. "I never got that kiss.." Sophie said turning red as she said it. Keefe did too, but put his stuff on her bed. He looked at her with loving eyes, then leaning in, their lips pressed together. Her hands went around his neck, his around her waist. Sophie felt a spark between the two of them, something she had definitely not felt when she had very awkwardly kissed Dex. When it was over they were both red, but Keefe still asked, "Did you feel anything?" Worry crossing his eyes quickly but fading. Sophie nodded slightly, making Keefe smile.  "Did you?" Sophie asked. "Yes I did Foster." And with that he hugged Sophie, grabbed his pathfinder and leaped away. Leaving Sophie to fall back asleep on her bed dreaming of adorable ice-blue eyes and a messy blond haired Keefe.

   Isn't that adorable? Don't worry, SoFitz is coming soon! I have a chapter question. Keefe or Fitz? Anyways, hope you enjoyed the chapter! :D

-Kit