Chapter 12: Sophie

Everyone rushed to her side, making sure she wouldn't break again. Sophie tried to stop the tears from coming, but it came like a flood. Sophie cried endlessly, everyone just watched wanting to comfort her but didn't know how. Finally, as Sophie was still sobbing on the couch, Keefe walked up to her and hugged her. Sophie hugged him back, crying on his shoulder. When Sophie wrapped up her crying with sniffiling, Sophie said, "I'm sorry about your tunic Keefe." as she tried wiping off the snot from her nose, and an intense wet spot on his shoulder, with her sleeve. Keefe looked like Sophie had just said the weirdest thing on the face of the earth. "Sophie, your more important than a tunic sleeve." He said grasping her shoulders. Sophie hugged him back as a thanks, then turned to Mr. Forkle, as she curled up in a tight ball sitting upright, she said, "How did I fix myself? Or did I fix myself? Am I going to break any second Fitz comes into the room?!" She said, panic flooding her features as she realized terrifying possibilities. Mr. Forkle just stared at her, observing. "No, I don't beleive so. Your kind is extremely powerful, and for your broken state when we found Fitz come running in with a muttering Sophie, with disturbing, lifeless eyes, I'd say your in keen condition." He said the last part a bit too cheerfully. Sophie's fear still remained. "I need to sleep." Sophie stated, running upstairs and shutting the door closed quickly. Sophie just grabbed her pillow and screamed so loud into it, she felt amazing afterwards. Except for her voice. Sophie just stared at her ceiling. Trying to process everything that had just happened and how Fitz got here. Her brain ached and she cradled it with her hands, not noticing the tears slipping down her cheeks quietly and softly. She didn't notice the door creak open either as she tried again to process the theories. She let more tears slip past, then felt a soft hand wipe them away. Sophie looked up to see Keefe, a custardbursts tin in one hand, and his other wiping away small tears on Sophie's face. Keefe sat down slowly. Handing her the tin of custardbursts, he said, "Do you know that I love you?" He whispered gently and softly. Sophie pulled him close, close enough that their lips brushed against each other. "Do you know that I love you?" Sophie whispered softly before kissing him gently. She hugged him so hard after the kiss, then started sharing her custardbursts with Keefe. Just as Grady entered the room. "Keefe, Mr. Forkle brought the stringy thingy." Grady said quietly, looking between the two and sighing, knowing he couldn't keep them apart from each other. Keefe's eyes lit up, while Sophie's were lit with confusion. Keefe ran downstairs, then ran back up. "So, Mr. Dorkle brought me this from the forbidden cities, saying I should try it out, as I was listening to some music on your iPod, I was trying to distract myself about the whole 'Sophie's mind breaking thing' I heard a beautiful song, that when you woke up, I could play for you." Keefe said explaining, and pointing to the guitar. "Even if it doesn't entirely relate to our story, but most of it does." Keefe said with a wink. (Okay, the song I want to upload isn't uploading and I'm frustrated, so, the song you can look up is Say You Won't Let Go by James Arthur. Thanks!

    Keefe finished the song, and Sophie started tearing up at it. Sophie was so touched by his amazing singing just for her, all she could do in return was kiss him. They both sank into the kiss, not realizing the massive sigh that escaped Grady's lips and Edaline's funny squeal.

   When Sophie pulled away, she laid back on the bed and had a book on her nightstand and started reading it. Keefe's face filled with mock hurt, "Am I not important compared to a book?"