Chapter 5: Everglen

Sophie woke up the next morning with a twinkle in her eyes from last night. Not even Fitz could send her into flutter mode. Sophie hopped out of bed, showering fast and changing into pants,  flats, and a green tunic vest. Plus the gloves and the jewelry.. "Sophie don't come out yet." Sandor's squeaky voice called out. "There's a toxin in your room." Sophie stayed put, tempted to jump out her bathroom window then charge through her bedroom door. She heard the sounds of Sandor sniffing. Then yelling for Edaline to call Elwin. Finally Sophie charged out of the bathroom seeing bloches of aromark all over the room. "How'd you find this??" Sophie asked, outraged that they would leave her out of it. Elwin walked into the and threw powder on her face. Aromark was all over her body. He rolled his eyes and said come on, let's melt off a few layers of your skin. 

    After the unpleasant process was over she marched over to Sandor and asked how he found the aromark. "How did you find it?!" Sophie asked a rather bit too demanding. Sandor huffed, "The morning sweep as usual, I know make sure there's no aromark because since the kidnapping we found it in Biana and Fitz's room." Sandor said as a matter of fact in his squeaky voice. Sophie rolled her eyes and had changed into her black leggings, red tunic vest, and ankle boots.  "What else has happened without my knowing?" Her voice filled with mock hurt now. Grady glare at her and mumbled "Spending to much time with that boy..." Sophie glared at him when he made the statement, but resumed to her mock hurt position with a hand across her forehead and her eyes fluttering. Sandor just rolled his eyes at what she said, "Well if you must know, we caught Fintan!" He said. "REALLY??!!" Sophie shouted. "No. We wouldn't of told you.." she heard him mumble something else along the lines of nincompoop, but she didn't press the matter. "Well, I guess I'll go hang with Biana..." Sophie said. She saw Gradys face fill with relief. Probably thought I was going to Keefes house. Sophie rolled her eyes. She went to the leap master and said, "Everglen." 

    Biana welcomed her with a hug and talked about how they hadn't seen each other in forever and then she just started talking about what Stina did to Marella and then what Marella did to retaliate. Just the latest gossip. When they had reached Bianas oh so sparkly room, she found a chair and grabbed a book that Biana was reading and flipped through, deciding by the looks of the back cover, she started reading listening to what Biana was saying every now and then. Suddenly, Biana squealed so loudly, Sophie dropped the book. "What?!" Sophie shouted, expected to find a bad guy around the corner. Sophie sighed and picked up the book, only to be knocked over by Biana yelling, "Makeover time!" Sophie groaned. Biana grabbed Sophie's wrist, yanking her to her vanity. Making Sophie sit on the seat in front of the vanity. Biana started gossiping again while applying all sorts of makeup. First was the eyeliner, then eyeshadow, so on and so forth. At the end of the makeover, Sophie gasped, realizing she actually looked cute in natural makeup, Sophie said to Biana, "Not bad." Biana beamed at the praise and went into the boys room. Keefe was sitting on a chair with his back on the seat and his arms sticking out on the left and his legs out on the right, with Fitz over on his bed reading. "Hey Foster." Keefe said with a smirk. "Hey." Sophie's cheeks turned a bit pink but the blush went away as fast as it came.   "Cute makeup." Keefe said staring at her face, making Sophie squirm. "Thanks, Biana did it." Biana beamed and kicked Fitz so he would notice. Fitz stared at Sophie, then saying "Cool." Then resuming to his book. Keefe rolled his eyes,  "You know you really don't need makeup Foster, some people including the president of the Foster fan club, thinks you look amazing without even trying. But so do I. The president of the Keefe fan club says so." Keefe smirked. Sophie blushed then transmitted to Keefe, You know Stina's president of the Keefe fan club, I'm fighting to be president but.. Keefe turned green and said "Well maybe not the president..." he quickly said after. Fitz looked between the two and rolled his eyes. He transmitted to Sophie, The tree we play base quest at, a small meeting. Sophie transmitted back, Ok. She then said, "I'm gonna go take this off Biana, and yes I do know how to." She said as Biana was starting to go help her take it off. So Biana started talking to Keefe about Tam, Linh, and Dex. Then starting to hail them one by one. Sophie then took off all her makeup, then walked out to the tree. Sitting at the base of it, letting the breeze play with her hair. She heard a someone take in a sharp breath. She pried one eye open, not wanting to because of her peaceful spot. Keefe was staring at her with awe in his eyes, with his mouth slightly agape. She giggled, "What are you staring at?" Sophie said laughing slightly. "Just the most beautiful person I've ever laid eyes upon." Keefe said casually while walking over to sit next to her. Sophie blushed slightly, "Your so handsome Keefe..." Sophie said quietly. Blushing again. Now it was Keefes turn to blush. Then there was an,  "Ahem!" Sophie looked up to find Fitz staring at her and Keefe sitting next to each other then rolled his eyes. "Now it's my turn to talk to Sophie alone." Fitz said shooing Keefe. Keefe gave an apologetic smile, then went into The house to talk to Dex about pranks. Fitz sat down next to Sophie, and her heart didn't do that weird fluttery thing, which she was thankful for. Fitz looked at her, leaned in and- Sophie put a hand on his lips as he tried to lean in and kiss Sophie. Sophie was flaming red. Fitz's face was flaming hotter than the sun and in the distance she heard Keefe yell, "STAY AWAY FITZ" But it was rather distant so she could be wrong... Sophie laughed internally at Keefe. Then turned to Fitz to give him the sorry-I-don't-like-you-that-kind-of-way talk. Fitz looked crushed but then he yelled, "I LIKE SOMEONE ELSE." In her face. She just rolled her eyes, then said, "Then why'd you try and kiss me..?" Sophie said it like it was the stupidest thing he could have said. Fitz just huffed and turned to leave. Sophie just moved back to the center of the tree resuming the peacefulness. Keefe walked up and said, "That's my girl!" Sophie laughed. Then Keefe pressed his soft lips against hers, then she kissed him back. She then leaped to Havenfield to tell Edaline about the hectic day. 

   Haha, oh Fitz. Was that too cruel? Bah, oh well. Well that was a long chapter for me, probably not for you, but for me it was. Anyways, I have a lot going on in the next few days so just a heads up, I might not be able to upload for a day or two but don't worry! The next chapter might be published tonight or tomorrow morning. Around that time. Thanks!

-Kit