Chapter 8: Discovery

Sophie walked through Rome, to the nearest bathroom. Figuring she looked like a mess, Sophie fixed herself up as best as she could. Brushed her hair with her fingers and then grabbed some abandoned clothes that looked okay. Sophie walked out, looking for a anything that could get her back home. Sophie went into the bathroom sitting on a seat, searching her mind for any clues Mr. Forkle might have left in case of an emergency like this. After what felt like an enternity,  a mermory faded into view. Sophie nearly fell off of the seat. The memory showed the Colosseum, in one of the many seats, beneath one in the second seat at the very top, showed a pathfinder. Sophie held in her giddiness. She had to get their right away. She left the bathroom with her hair in a very messy bun. Her immaculate knowing of other languages, (naturally being a polyglot)helped her. So she went up to a random person, and said, "Posso avere le indicazioni per il Colosseo?" (Can I have directions to the Colosseum?) The woman, surprised by her apparent fluenty in Italian said,  "Due diritti e una sinistra." (Two rights and a left) Sophie followed her instructions saying thank you, then made the way to the Colosseum.

    It took Sophie a few hours of embarrassment and awkwardness of shuffling around people to find the exact chair. She went to an abandoned part of the town and waited during sunset to cast the beam of light. As she walked through, she landed in Atlantis.she crept out of the outskirts to a deserted leap master. She whispered "Havenfield" as softly as she could and was whisked away into the light.

   Sophie entered Havenfield in utter darkness, she had forgotten most of the outlines of the house therefore tripping over everything. Grady came out with a melded shouting "Who's there?" Sophie whispered, "Me," Making Grady pause, clap on the lights and squeeze the living fluff out of Sophie, "I'm home." Sophie whispered, then exhaustion took over creeping over her in peacefulness. Sophie woke up the next morning at 4 in the morning. A cold sweat had her drenched. The screams of Linh and eyes of Fitz made her sob uncontrollably,she was still sobbing when Edaline came in and asked her a few questions about what happened, making the flood gates burst open, she cried for hours on end, with Edaline and Grady beside her, rubbing small circles in her back. The next morning was filled with dread and misery as Elwin came over and talked about how they were going to keep this quiet for a few weeks until everything was sorted out and all her wounds had been treated. "How long was I gone?" Sophie sniffed unprepared for the answer. "Two months.." Elwin said very quietly. Sophie just nodded, realizing how her gash had healed so fast. When she showed Elwin the scabbed gash, he gasped and starting fussing over it. He couldn't do much, the wound had left a scar. A painful reminder of what had happened. When he asked about Linh, she started sobbing again, there was a soft knock on the door, but Sophie still kept sobbing uncontrollably. Keefe slowly walked in, Sophie was still sobbing, Keefe then broke into a sprint and hugged her for a very long time, Sophie just sobbed into his shoulder, getting snot on it too. After the crying, she hugged him Elwin had left to give them some time to talk, still a little mad that Keefe had ended up seeing Sophie.sophie started apologizing about the snot but he stopped her. "Sophie..." then he started crying on her shoulder, but he stopped and just looked at Sophie's tear stained face and softly kissed her lips, Sophie kissed him back softly. The salt of their tears made Sophie relax and sink into the kiss. When he pulled away he just hugged her for a long time. "Please tell me you won't let any guilt break you..." He said the words with such seriousness, Sophie promised him, "I promise." She said very softly. He hugged her again hoping to hug the sadness out of her, "What happened?" He tentatively asked hoping not to make her cry again. She explained everything in every single mind numbing detail. After that his features filled with such sorrow in made Sophie well up with tears, but she didn't have any because of all the sobbing she had done. "How are you?" Keefe's eyes were filled with such worry and regret. Sophie just shrugged it off, "So Fitz is... And he..." Sophie nodded to both questions knowing what he asked. Sophie then sobbed even though she had no tears left to cry, she still cried.then was pulled into a huge group hug of the entire group, Alden, Della, Grady, Edaline, Tam, Dex, Biana, and Elwin. Keefe walked away quickly, making Sophie hurt, but he came back with a plate of Mallowmelt, "Mallowmelt makes everything better.." he said softly.