Chapter 13: Explanations

Sophie just smirked and started smirking. Keefe crawled next to her and said, "You have any I can read?" He whispered in her ear. Sophie pointed to her full bookshelf and Keefe went over and picked out a book and sat next to Sophie to read. Sophie leaned on his shoulder, letting herself soak up the moment. Mainly the book was entertaining...

   The next day Sophie prepared herself to see Fitz and ask him about everything. She didn't want to put her friends through that madness ever again of her being guilt broken. Sophie asked Edaline to hail Fitz, then waited for him to come in. A few minutes later, he walked into the room slowly. "So." Sophie said, her voice quivering, as she covered her face with her hands. "How are you here?" Sophie barely said the words as a whisper. Fitz looked confused then said, "Well the last thing I remember was I was going to talk to you at The base quest tree, then when I started walking towards you, then I was grabbed around the neck, then thrown into the bushes. I was knocked out, but before that they had a machine thingy and pricked my finger with blood. Then I was knocked out." Fitz said it like it was no big deal. Her mind replayed the moments of her at the base quest tree, seeing Keefe and stopped watching Fitz walk towards her. Fitz yelling at her for not kissing him, and then... Sophie didn't realize it, but she was cryingwith Edaline hugging her and Fitz off to the side, looking more confused then before. "What happened??" Fitz asked, panic growing in his voice. Sophie started sobbing harder then before. Fitz started shaking Sophie, rattling her brain. Grady pushed Fitz away, not hard, but enough to get the message. Sophie started sniffiling and then tried to compose herself. Sophie stared at Fitz, wishing Keefe was next to her, holding her hand, she explained everything. When she got to his and Linhs death part... "When I found Linh with cuts and gashes, I knew she had been dead for a long time. Then later, I found you. In a corner. Your eyes," Sophie shivered at the thought. "they were lifeless and blank. When I slowly took your dagger, I told you, that I was sorry and that I had to do this." Her breath caught on the last part. Sophie waited trying to stop the tears. "Then you told me that you forgave me, and you said thank you to me. Then I quickly stabbed you." Sophie started sobbing, while looking at Fitz's horrified expression, Sophie ran upstairs. She jumped onto her bed, crying into her pillow. She laid there for a few minutes, then darkness clouded her consciousness again. But shards came through the darkness stabbing her mental blocking. Everything was in jumbles, Sophie tried to contain her memories, wishing for a half familiar bloated friend to help her. Sophie felt like a wisp of white smoke, trailing through the killer shards. In the darkness she heard a quiet sound, her wisp of smoke crept towards it ever so slowly. It sounded like the voice was about to give up, but when her wisp of smoke reached the sound, a surge of relief filled the mans face. Sophie! SOPHIE! SOPHIE! The man screamed. Sophie's form slowly crept back into her normal form, first her legs, then her waist, then her chest, then her legs, then her face. Who? Sophie asked. The mans features darknened. Leto. He whispered in the darkness. The name tickled at the back of her mind. Bouncing through the void of her mind. The word appeared in front of both of them, a white word. It said Magnate Leto. A bell rang in her mind. The memories came floating back slowly. Do I have to go back? Sophie whispered. Maganate Leto frowned, looking at her up and down. Yes. He simply said. Sophie frowned, it's so peaceful and calm here. Why do I have to go back and pretend to be the strong one when I'm not? Sophie said, pleading filling her own eyes. Magnate Leto told her of her friends and family. Sophie sighed and said, I will only go back for you and m6 family and friends. But the next time I'm faced with peacefulness please let me stay. Sophie whispered the last part. Magnate Leto nodded. Sophie whispered the words, "Black Swan" into the darkness, and everything turned back to the familiar shallow water ocean with the swans circling above. One big swan floated down to them. Landing in the water, Sophie beckoned for Magnate Leto to follow, his face was filled with absolute awe. They climbed aboard the swan, and the swan flew upwards crashing through the ceiling into Sophie's room.