Chapter 7: Fitz

Sophie jumped out of the way, the blade grazing her shoulder, making skin fall off. Sophie shivered and turned around to face her attacker Fitz. Sophie was about to scream for Sandor, but was hit with her own hardcover book. Darkness pulled her under, leaving her in a cold damp place within her mind. Forkle! Sophie thought of the first thing she could do, so she transmitted to Mr. Forkle, and everyone else at her house. She still had some consciousness left, so she also tried calling out to wherever Keefe was, hopefully telling him that she might not make it out. She heard a distant scraping sound, then a thud of feet. She felt searing pain in her torso. She became conscious of her surroundings, she looked up into a dimly lit room with her torso opened up and blood gushing out, she looked around, then a cackle rang through her ears. Fitz? Sophie thought turning around. Fitz had a bloody knife in one hand and a body bag next to feet. Sophie hyperventilated then inflicted on Fitz as hard as she could, but not a movement came from him, holding her torso, she kicked at Fitz with her feet. He toppled over, reavealing a cardboard cutout of him. Haven't seen cardboard in a while. Maybe I'm  in the forbidden cities! She then transmitted to Mr. Forkle quickly, then trying to stand up on her already shaky legs. She heard a distant scream, which sounded like Linh. Sophie ran as fast as she could yelling in pain and stumbling onto the floor time and time again. "I'm coming Linh!" Sophie tried to shout as hard as she could, but it came as a whisper. The blood loss was mounting. I need to get more speed. Sophie channeled as much energy as she could and ran to where she had heard the screaming. She wasn't running as fast as she could, but still running fast, she then saw Linh in the distance on the floor curled into a little ball. "Linh!" Sophie whispered in a hoarse voice. Linh looked up at Sophie with tear-stained eyes, "Sophie?" Sophie dropped to her knees, the pain coming over again. Sophie crawled over to Linh, "Are you okay??" Sophie whispered. Linh shook her head, reavealing a stab in her torso like Sophie but it went in, not across. "Your organs!" Sophie shouted whispered, looking at Linh in worry. Linh smiled weakly, "I'm fine... I took the hit for Keefe, when you were knocked out, Keefe came running in saying you transmitted to him for help, Keefe went running upstairs, stopping Keefe before Fitz could leap away with you. Keefe was so distraught, Keefe ran towards him looking liking he was going to murder Fitz, I was behind Keefe. Fitz threw out his dagger, and I jumped out in front him and took the thought. Fitz told me, 'You fool...' and leaped to this place with me and you." Linh said, her breath catching at the end. Sophie's eyes filled with worry, "Linh.." tears filling both of their eyes. "I'm fine.." She said again smiling weakly. 

     Sophie fell asleep next to Linh, and Linh falling asleep next to her. Sophie woke up alone, "Linh?!" Sophie shouted. Sophie looked at her torso, her torso had scabbed over quickly. Bound to leave a scar.. Sophie thought to herself.  "LINH?!" A distant scream answered Sophies cries.

    Sophie ran to the sound as fast as she could, pumping core energy through her limbs. When she finally saw the silver tipped hair come into view, Linhs' body laid deathly still. Sophie walked up to Linh, a stab wound across her throat and heart told her all she needed to know. She looked away from the gruesome sight, tears springing to her eyes. No, Linh would want me to find Fitz and avenge her. Sophie scolded herself. Sophie blinked back the tears, kneeling next to Linh, Sophie whispered, "Your an amazing person Linh, and I have no doubt that your in a better place now. I will avenge you." Sophie emphasized the 'will'. 

   Sophie wandered through blanketing the vast dimly lit area with her mind checking for any sign of Fitz's thoughts. A distant thought, "She's dead... I killed her... Sophie's next..."  Sophie sprinted to the thought, knowing full well it was Fitz. She finally reached the destination. Fitz's huddled in the corner, muttering to himself. Incoherent things were what he said. But she caught words of death, and Linh. Sophie realized she hadn't been spotted. Sophie transmitted to Fitz,  Linh is gone, and I know you didn't mean to Fitz. Your better than this! Someone's controlling you! Fitz's head turned around slowly, Sophie waited for him to attack but his eyes stayed lifeless and blank. Sophie tried inflicting on him but nothing happened. He just stared. Finally after minutes of gaining fear, he stood slowly taking out a dagger with blood caked on it. Sophie's stomach and heart dropped to her feet. Sophie felt like she was going to barf, but she looked at Fitz's and said, "This isn't you Fitz's someone's controlling you!" his only answer was, "No Sophie. Your their puppet."  He said the words as cold as ice, his voice hollow. The words stung but she pushed aside her feelings charging at Fitz's. Relief flooded his eyes as he realized he was going to die. Tears sprung into Sophie's eyes as she slowly grabbed the dagger from Fitz's hand. Time slowed after that, "I'm sorry Fitz." Sophie said, tears streaming down her face. "I'm sorry too. Kill me before it's too late." He said the last words with hope and utter sadness. She then quickly stabbed him to get it over with, "I forgive you." Fitz siad to make sure her mind wouldn't break of the guilt. She nodded, then hugged him, and walked away. 

     Sophie searched and searched for an exit, wondering how the heck she was going to get out of here. She finally saw a light in the darkness, slowly creeping towards it, she saw a cellar door with a light leaking through cracks. As she banged on the cellar door, the cracks grew wider, finally, the cellar door oddly disabled and she landed in Rome, Italy. At the back of an abandoned house on the outskirts of the town. The Colosseum in the distance.

   Hello again! This is 1061 words not including this paragraph. Your welcome! -crickets- Well then... Hope you enjoyed the chapter!

-Kit