Chapter Eight

~Jamie~

        "Are we gonna go after him?" Cole asked about Zeke.

         Nathan and Cole were visiting my apartment today to see if I was alright. I told them about my extreme migraines and how my vision was flickering. Cole healed my migraine with her magic, but I was still worried about my body.

         "I don't know. He has too much pride to realize that he needs us and that he needs to come back."

        "We have to do somethin'. We just can't let my older brother run around burning stuff! Can't you see into the future and locate where he's gonna be?!" Nathan stressed.

        "I ain't no damn vision machine! I can only pick up visions about who I care about and only if they're in trouble.  Besides, Zeke must be able to take care of himself if he runs out on us like that." I said as Cole helped me put my dreads in a ponytail.

         It was quiet until I heard someone come up the stairs out in the stairwell.

         I quickly ran to open my door.

        Sarahbekka was going upstairs. She smelled like coffee; she also smelled like that "deceiving serpent".

       "Where did you just come from?" I asked before I missed her.

       "Coffee shop." She continued go upstairs.

       "Wait! Did you meet anybody there?"

       "Don't worry about it." 

         She was trying to lie.

        "Hm. Be careful,that coffee shop is full of tricky people."

         "And Dawn said you were one of them." She put her hand on her hip.

         "You're friends with Dawn?!" My voice echoed in the empty stairwell.

         "She wasn't to thrilled about me being friends with you either. Who are they?" She dropped her attitude.

         Cole and Nate were standing in the door behind me.

        "This is Coleen and Nathaniel. Cole and Nate this is Sarahbekka." I introduced them to eachother.

       Their eyes widened in shock. Cole and Nathan immediately looked at each other.

       This was the girl they had to kidnap.

       "Hey... I'll see you later Jamie." Sarahbekka trotted up the stairs.

        "This suddenly became an interesting mission.." Cole said when she walked back into the apartment.

        "Earth to Jamie?" Nathan tried to bring back my attention. I was still in a trance watching Sarahbekka go upstairs.

        I looked at Nathan.

        "You're worried about her aren't you?" He said softer so Cole could'nt hear him.

        "I don't like her. She's made my life a living hell." 

        "But I thought-"

        "-She is none of our business after the assignment."

        "Oh.." Nathan uncomfortably scratched the back of his head.

         He went back into the apartment.

         Even though that was true, it killed me to face this fact.  I don't what this feeling was that I got every time I saw her, but I wished it would go away.

         "We're going to find Zeke tonight. I have a bad feeling that he's still chasing after our victim." I ordered.

        "Where should we look? He could be anywhere now!" Cole crossed her arms.

        "We have no other choice but to search at the Underground." I gave in.

        "But that's Giovani's territory! Boss would'nt like this at all if were to find out that we were hangin' out on another gang's territory." Nathan protested. He seemed nervous about the idea.

       "We should be fine. The Underground is only slightly over the border; besides, all kinds of people from different neighborhoods in the city come to represent their gangs.

       "I guess that souns like a plan." Cole was always thne first to agree with me.

       "We leave tonight, but I need one of you to stay behind just in case Zeke shows up. Since Cole is the weakest against Zeke's power, I want You Nathan to stay behind." I said. I prefer Nathan to go with me but I have no other choice.

        Our new mission was to protect the victim that we're supposed to kidnap from being hostage. Fuck my life.