Chapter Ten

~Jamie~

       "Don't you think that was a little too dramatic?" Cole asked while we were hopping building rooftops.

       The warm night breeze was whipping through our hair as we picked up speed.

         "I was'nt being dramatic. I was only trying to get her attention." I said trying to avoid this conversation.

        "More like last minute flirting.." She mumbled.

        "What's been up with you lately? It's like ever since Sarahbekka came into the picture, you became more of an asshole than usual." I looked at her.

        "It's not Sarahbekka. It's you."

          I didn't know how to respond.

        "What do you mean?" I asked after a long moment of jumping.

        "I mean, she's making you weak as a leader. Our was assignment was to capture her as hostage, but you're letting your feelings get in the way of doing that. Instead, we're  on a wild goose chase after our hot-headed teammate that was doing what he was supposed to be doing, all because you want to protect our next victim. And we had missions that were way harder than this. You need to learn how to put your feelings aside."

        She was right.

         I can't be weak now, not when the stakes are this high.

                                                   ~Nathan~

       "So it's Nate, right?" Sarahbekka said as she served me a piece of her pizza.

       "Yea." I said as as stuffed my face with pizza.

        "How long have you known Jamie?"  She asked after a long moment.

        "Since Boss kidnapped us..." I continued to eat.

        "Kidnapped? Who the hell is Boss?!" She seemed to get really excited.

         Jamie didn't tell her the truth yet.

          Should I tell her about what's going on?

          Jamie would murder me!

          "No wait, we weren't kidnapped. We ran away from home together."

          "WHAT?!" She shouted.

          Shit.

          "Never mind. I really don't remember how we met." I lied.

            She raised one eyebrow.

            "Look. I can't tell you okay? It's a secret between two good friends."

           "Yes you can. I can keep a secret." She got really close to my face. She purposely tried to flirt with me to manipulate me to tell her the secret.

             She put her hand on my thigh and rubbed back and forth.

            "Please stop." I begged.