January 27, 1984

Chapter Five

Bianca's POV

January 27, 1984

It's a big day. Daddy and my uncles are doing a commercial and Joseph says that it's worth millions. Whatever that means. I sit in the back room watching them work from the big screen with Karen, who is braiding my hair. I like it when she braids it but it's kind of tight and sometimes gives me a headache.

" Sweetie you have to stay still I'm almost done. Thank Jesus. You have a lot of hair girl. " She says for the millionth time.

I'm not really listening because I just want to watch daddy dance. I love it when he spins around so fast you can barely see him. I keep practicing to do it but I'm not there yet. One day I will be though. 

" Okay all done with your braids! " Karen says like she's very tired.

I go to leave the dressing room when she pulls me back to the chair. " Hold on I just want to trim your ends just a little. "

Sighing I sit back down and let her. I hear a whistle and then a five-minute break announcement and Karen finally lets me go. Daddy comes running back to get his face touched up and throws his hat at me with a grin. 

" Your hair looks, pretty baby. " He says while Karen works on him.

Smiling I say, " thanks daddy, Karen did it not too tight like last time. "

" Hey! " She says looking fake mad.

Daddy and I giggle at the look on her face. When she's all done he comes and picks me up. I put his hat back on and he walks back out on set with me in his arms. " Stay here with granny okay? " He says setting me down with her.

I nod. " Okay, daddy. "

He smiles at me before running to take his spot. The director yells action and the music starts. Daddy's dancing at the top of the stairs then some fireworks went off. The lights are so pretty and he starts dancing his way down the stairs.

By the time he makes it closer to us, we can see his hair is smoking. Everyone around us rushes over to him and throws him to the ground.

" Daddy! " I yell.

All of my uncles and Joeseph were surrounding him and I didn't know what's happening. I run up to where they are but uncle Jermaine sees me coming. He picks me up and carries me away from the crowd quickly. " They're taking care of him right now Bianca. We'll see him at the hospital. "

<>

Cedars Sinai Medical Center

Everyone is quiet in the car as we drive down the road. No one is talking about what happened and I don't know if daddy is okay or not. I hold uncle Tito's hand the whole walk into the hospital. There are people everywhere and they're all reaching out to us. It's kind of scary but daddy does it all the time so I just hide in between granny and Joseph.