Motown 25/Thriller

A Note From LifeIsAParade: Okay guys Legacy; has ended so I can focus on editing this story and posting the finished chapters. Anywho enjoy.

Chapter Four

Motown 25 Yesterday, Today, Forever

May 16th 1983

Michael's POV

Don't get me wrong... I love Smokey Robinson, but are we done yet? This night has been rough, to say the least. The sting of not hitting the pose still prevails but after a million hugs from my baby, I'm convinced to watch the rest of the show from the front seat. She's seated right in my lap and when the cameras come around she smiles big and waves making me giggle.  

Everyone she has encountered tonight has all loved her. How can they not with a face like that?  Out of everyone, there is one person she has been enamored with... Lionel Richie. Who we're actually sitting close to at this very second. I think it's his voice and the way he animates it that makes her hang onto his every word. 

I've known Lionel since The Commodores came to Motown as The Jackson Five's supporting act. We've always been close and I'm glad Bianca has gotten to meet him. Now that he's solo I can't wait to see what he comes up with on his own. As for me, it feels liberating to be out on my own and in control of my destiny.

This night has all of Motown's finest in one place and all because of one person... Berry Gordy. At first, I didn't want to perform for this show but after a personal invitation from Berry, I felt I had to. This man has given me everything I have. He has believed in me from day one and I can't wait to show him that the effort was not in vain.

It's going to happen I know it. I'm going to be the greatest if it kills me. I keep getting pestered to do more with my brothers but I'm just done with all of that. I want my own career without dragging my brothers along.

The next video or short film, we're shooting needs to be better than anything I've put out so far. This isn't just some project, it could be something to set my family up so we never have to live as we did in Gary before we came to Motown.

Bianca will never know that kind of struggle. It's my number one priority to take care of her for life just like Berry did for his family. 

Feeling a nudge in my side I look over to see Tito pointing to my chest. Looking down I see that Bianca has fallen fast asleep. Aww, she's exhausted which gives me the perfect excuse to leave. 

" Cover for me? " I mouth to him. 

He nods before letting me up. It's not like they need me here anyway. I'll just head home and put her to bed so I can get back to work on this short film concept.

October 10th, 1983

Thriller set 

Bianca's POV

My daddy is making a movie today with uncle John, ( he told me I can call him that ). It's for his new album Thriller and it's also the title song. Daddy says this will be huge since no one has ever made a music video like this before.

Uncle John just finished showing me and my best friend Honey the graveyard where all of the zombies are going to be. It doesn't look so scary but he promised that it will be.

" Come on slowpokes don't you want to see the theatre? "Uncle John calls from down the hall.

Giggling we run after him. I love to watch scary movies with daddy with popcorn and hot sauce. He says not to tell granny that we sneak down and watch Dark Shadows together. She doesn't like when I watch stuff like that.