Another One Bites The Mercury Dust

Chapter Three

June 5th, 1980

Bel Air California

Michael's POV

Today is an exciting day for both me and Bianca. Queen is in town and Freddie is coming over to work in the studio. Which I'll really enjoy since it has been a year since they've been here and I can't wait to say " I told you so " about Another One Bites The Dust. They were adamant that they didn't want to make it a single since it was too " disco " for them. One day they'll learn to trust my instincts.

Bianca is excited because she loves Crazy Little Thing Called Love. I think the little thing might have a small crush now that I think about it. It's adorable really I can't wait to introduce her. 

" Freddie! Welcome. Where are the others? " Surely they knew they were all invited. 

Smirking Freddie says, " Hello, Michael. Nice to see you again mate. So sorry about the guys it seems they have found some better company. "

Now that makes more sense. " That sounds about right. Come on in we'll say hi to the family before heading down to the studio. "

" Marvelous. I'd love to pick your sister Janet's brain on an outfit I saw her wearing last month. " He says making me giggle.

 Shaking my head I say, " I'm sure you'll have a lot to talk about. This way. "  

And talk they did... For half an hour. Then Joseph starts talking about his heyday and that's the hair that broke the camels back. I literally have to pull him away in order to get him back into creating mode. We finally make it to the studio and set out to work. 

This is the part of creating that I love. Being with like-minded artists always gets the creative juices flowing. Freddie is just the guy I need to vibe with at this very moment.  It has only been an hour and we already have a nice melody and a few lines written out. I like where it's going but I want it to be one of a kind...

" What's wrong Michael? You look like your thoughts will come flying right out of your forehead. " Freddie asks after I'm quiet for a few moments.

If only he knew all of the times I've felt like all my creative ideas would come flying out. " I like it, Fred... It just needs something to make it extraordinary. "

" Well, Mike let's get back to work then Darling! " He says puffing his stinky cigarette.

I don't mind his dirty habits so much but to have a little girl around and second-hand smoke... It doesn't mesh well.

" Say cheese! " Bianca says coming out of nowhere with a camera and taking our picture before I can react before giggling trying to run away. 

Pulling her back I take the camera and say, " Bianca that's rude now please say you're sorry. "

" I'm sorry. " She says cutely.

Freddie, who is not even the least bit concerned puts his cigarette out and crouches down to her level. " Well hello, there little darling! And what is your name? "

" I'm Bianca Jackson. " She says with no hesitation while having to crane her neck to look all the way up at his face.

Shaking the polaroid she hands the picture to Freddie. " It's a good picture huh? "

 " It's a good picture huh? "

" It sure is. And just what do you want to be when you grow up? A photographer hmm? " He asks tickling her sides making her squeal with laughter. 

This is so sweet. I've never seen Freddie like this before. Grabbing my own camera, camcorder I should say, I begin filming this interaction. This one is definitely for the family library. 

" My daddy says I can be anything I want. " She tells him after finally calming down.

Freddie smiles big before saying, " Of course, you can. I'll bet you're a smart little crumpet. Tell me, do you play the piano? " 

" I've been learning all year! " Bianca says excitedly. " I can play a little bit of Bohemian Rhapsody! My teacher says I'm really good. " 

He looks up at me in surprise. " Oh really? You must practice a lot to be so good. " 

" Uh-huh. I practice every day. " She informs him

I can see the look of disbelief when he says, " Well, little darling would you like to play what you know of Bohemian Rhapsody for me? " He asks holding his hand out for her to take. 

The baby can barely get out the " Yes " before she takes his hand and they go over to sit at the piano. 

" Show me what you have little darling. " He says sitting next to her on the bench.

And she does. She has been learning the song but not all of it quite yet. My baby is a prodigy but she's only going on five after all. 

Mama just killed a man. Put a gun against his head, pulled my trigger now he's dead.

Mama, life had just begun. But now I've gone and thrown it all away.

Mama, ooooh.

Didn't mean to make you cry if I'm not back again this time tomorrow, carry on, carry on as if nothing really matters.

When she goes as far as she knows she takes her hands off of the keys and looks at Freddie. " That's all I know right now. " 

I must note that Mr. Mercury is slack-jawed at her pure talent. He finally breaks from his stupor and shakes his head before looking over at me in disbelief once more. Chuckling he places his own fingers on the white keys to go on to the next part of the song. 

" Well let me help you then little darling, "

Too late, my time has come. Ends shivers down my spine, body's aching all the time. Goodbye, everybody, I've got to go. Gotta leave you all behind and face the truth.

Mama, ooh 

Anyway, the wind blows.

I don't want to die. I sometimes wish I'd never been born at all.

Okay, I have to admit, at first I did have my reservations about having Bianca around since Freddie is notorious for his antics... But it's so cute how my baby has quickly wrapped him that tightly around her little finger. All in less than ten minutes no less. That's a record.

A knock sounds at the door before Bill Bray sticks his head in the room. " Michael, it's here. '

Oh, finally! " Let's take twenty I just got a page that something wonderful just arrived. " 

" What is it, daddy? " Bianca asks looking up from the piano keys.

Smiling big I say, " You just have to come to see. " 

Freddie's POV

When we arrive at the front lawn there is a rather big beast sitting there with a leash around its neck. " What is that thing, Michael? " 

" This is Louie, the Llama. " He says proudly. " I rescued him. 

Bianca runs right up to the animal as if it's the best thing she has ever seen. " Oh daddy he's so cute! "

" Come here, baby. " He says picking her up and settling her on the beast's back.

She immediately rubs her face into his soft fur and sighs in contentment. This little darling really lives such a charmed life. I can't imagine the things she's going to do when she is old enough to spread her wings. Michael takes her for a few go round in the yard before lifting her off. 

" I think it's just about your lunchtime baby. Please go on into the kitchen and wash your hands. " He tells her with a kiss on her forehead.

Nodding she says, " Okay, daddy. Bye, Mr. Mercury. " 

" Goodbye, darling. And please, as long as we're friends you can call me Freddie. Have a nice lunch. " I tell her patting her shoulder with a smile. " Okay let's get back to work. " I say looking back at Michael.

He shakes his head still enamored with the damn llama. " In a minute. Let's take a nice walk with Louie. " 

Oh, bullocks.