Toy Of The Year

Chapter Ten

December 1st, 1985

Michael's POV

Today has been a day and I'm so glad it's over. Usually, I don't mind being busy but now that it brings my daughter into it... I'm doubly tired. This is why I'm currently getting Bianca, who is just as tired, ready for bed an hour early. Getting done brushing her hair out I wrap it in a silk scarf. Mother took a hot comb to it just yesterday and she'll kill me if I let it get frizzy. 

I'm caught between teaching her to wrap her own hair so I don't have to and also wanting to keep do it for her so she always needs me. I know I'm going to let go at some point but at eleven years old, I'm not ready to give these things up yet. Just give me a few more years to hold her hand.

" Okay go on and get in bed. " I tell her when I'm done. 

Pouting she says, " but I'm not tired. " 

 I giggle and tuck her into bed. " Sure you're not. " I tell her already seeing that she's half asleep.

" Today was so exciting daddy. " She says yawning.

Smiling I say, " I know you are baby but now it's time to go to sleep. " 

Wiggling her arms out from under the blankets she reaches up for a hug that I can't refuse. " Awe goodnight baby. " 

" Hmm, night daddy. " She says already drifting off to a dream world.

Earlier In Hayvenhurst Studio

This album is going to be number one too I just know it. And once it's out I'm going on a world tour to thank all of my fans that got me to where I am now. They basically support my whole family but most importantly my daughter. I can't imagine being a single father back in Gary if things wouldn't have worked out with singing and dancing. 

The fact that I can give her everything she needs and wants is nothing short of magical. 

Hello Mr. Jackson this is Jennifer Lutz with Mattel.

" Oh yes! Hello, how are you? Is everything alright? " I ask a little confused.

It is a little strange for them to be calling so early in the month. Usually, the annual statements don't come until the end.

Everything is perfect actually. We're very excited to inform you that the Bibidoll has won toy of the year. Not just in terms of Mattel sales but your daughter has sold more dolls than any other toy this year in the US.

Wow, who would have ever thought? " Are you serious? My baby sold more dolls than super soakers? "

Over a million more than the super soaker.

Well then, I've clearly underestimated my little girl's popularity. I don't know if it's a good or bad thing. " That's amazing news! I can't wait to tell Bianca. "

We're all very excited over here as well. There will be a private ceremony where she'll receive the award. It's nothing like the Grammy's or anything but as a representative of Mattel, she is expected to make a short speech. Nothing much just something short, cute, and from the heart.

" I'll make sure she's ready. Thank you so much, Jen. " I say still in shock. 

You're welcome. See you on December twentieth. 

Well, would you look at that?

Hayvenhurst Kitchen

Bianca's POV

" Freddie, can I ask you a weird question? " I ask twirling the phone cord around my finger.

What is it that you want to know Bida? ( Bianca Darling )