Life Decisions

Chapter Five

December 1st, 1983

Bianca's POV

Splash!

I love swimming. It's like my third favorite thing to do after ballet and music. Sometimes daddy comes out and plays with me. Most of the time he just watches from under his umbrella. He has a skin thingie and he doesn't like being in the sun for a long time.

I miss him. He has been gone for two whole days already doing something extra special and I know it's for my birthday. Every year he tries to make my party bigger and bigger. I know it's going to be crazy this year.

" Granny, did you see that? I splashed so big! " I yell from the lowest end of the pool.

Granny chuckles at me and shakes her head." Yes, you sure did baby. Now come on inside and dry off. Lunch is almost ready. "

" Okay, granny here I come. " I say getting out and grabbing my towel.

My tummy has been making funny noises for a while anyway. And after lunch, I have to practice my routine. It's a really fun dance that Honey and I are going to do together at our next recital. Madame Dubois says she wants to have us as a duo together as much as we can before Honey starts growing taller. When that happens she says I'll start getting lots of solos and trios with Honey and another girl her height. Which will put me right in the middle.

I know she is happy for me because we're friends, but I know she wants more solos. Feeling bad is something daddy says is natural. But he also says when you earn something you should never feel bad. So I don't know if I should be happy about when Honey gets taller or not.

We have huge " to the stars " dreams about ballet. Both of us want to be the prima ballerina for the ABT. Hopefully, we both do. That would be everything we've ever wanted. But most importantly I hope we'll be best friends forever.

When I'm just damp I wrap my towel around me and go into the kitchen to see what granny made. it's already on the table waiting for me when I get there. Chicken sneezer salad! Daddy doesn't like it when I call it that but it's so funny! And it's so yummy too. I like to mix the caesar dressing with french dressing with salt and pepper.

Thinking about the duet I start eating faster so I can hurry up and get ready to practice. I spent all day swimming and the sun has already moved from overhead just like daddy taught me. I gotta hurry up!

" Bianca baby, no one's going to take the food away from you. " Granny says trying to get me to slow down.

Swallowing I say, " sorry, granny but I have to go take a bath and get into my leotard so I can practice. "

" If you had done it earlier like I suggested little girl, you wouldn't need to rush. " She tells me only half-serious.

" I know granny I just was having so much fun swimming. " I say going back to shoveling more food in my mouth.

She doesn't say anything else, she just chuckles and goes on straightening things in the kitchen. When I'm finished I hop on my step stool and rinse my bowl.

" That was yummy thank you, granny. " I tell her while wiping my face with a towel.

" You are welcome, baby now go on and get ready to practice. " She says waving me off.

Michael's POV

Earlier That day

I can't wait to get back to Bianca. When I told her I was doing something special I meant it. We are now the owners of a condo in Lindbrook condominiums. Yes we, my baby has been a property owner since she was six months old. I always make sure that her name is on all documents right along with mine.