PreTeenager

Chapter Ten

September 1st, 1987

Michael's POV

Some are born great, some achieve greatness, some have greatness thrust upon them. This next guest knows all three, ladies and gentlemen, Michael Jackson! 

I hate that quote. Shakespeare never knew what it was like to have the whole world watching him. Hell, we don't even know if he actually wrote it or not. Was I born great? My mother would like to think so. Have I achieved greatness? Sure. Has greatness been thrust upon me? ... Nah. It was just a press thing for the tour anyway. Which is the only reason I give interviews these days. 

Turning the TV off I sigh and go down to double-check my bags that are lined up in the foyer. We're leaving for Tokyo today for the first show of my first solo world tour. It's a great feeling to be able to share this with Bianca. Where during the Jackson 5 and Jackson's tours she had to stay behind, this time she's coming with me. 

Not for the whole time, of course, she does have to have a certain number of hours at her ballet school in order to be considered for the ABT. Which has been one of her dreams since she was five years old. Just one of them. I don't know how she fits all the different practicing she does into one week but she a determined little cookie. 

Speaking of, she and Janet are all we're waiting for. 

" Do you realize that in less than three months you'll have a teenage daughter? " Marlon asks coming down the grand staircase. " My little niecey isn't a little girl anymore. I mean, she still looks like one so expect another growth spurt anytime now. "

" Stop. " I tell him feeling a migraine coming. I don't like thinking about my baby as a teenager. It wasn't that long ago that I was one damn it. " I want her to grow up at her pace and not a moment sooner. "

Latoya comes out of nowhere and says, " He only says that because he wants her to stay a baby forever. "

" Every parent wants their children to never grow up. " Marlon says patting my shoulder. 

Of course, he's right. My baby has thoroughly enjoyed her childhood and I'm not ready for it to end. Ask her and it's the complete opposite. She always has some idea that doesn't include me or my input at all. It's always, I have to tell Honey this, or Honey and I are going up to my room to hang out. And she shuts the door to boot! I remember the days when she wanted to be around me twenty-four seven. I'm going to miss those times.

" Thank you, brother. " I say going to give Latoya a hug. She's nosey as all get out, but I love her. 

If her teenage years are anything like her preteens have been I'm in trouble. She's so outspoken and headstrong that she doesn't think before she speaks. That could be bad where the media is concerned. Maybe I should get her a media coach...

I was perfectly fine until they brought up this teenage business. " She should be here any minute with Janet. "

"Speaking of my niece, where did she and Janet go off to knowing y'all need to head out? " Latoya asks like the big sister she is.

Marlon laughs. " They both just had to go and get more clothes. "

 " The jet can't leave without us so I'm not too worried. " I say knowing that Bill won't let me down.

Bianca is so excited about Japan. I've been having different teachers helping her with speaking different languages since she was very young. Her teacher says she has an ear for it so I can't wait for her to get to put it to use in Tokyo. 

<>

Bianca's POV

" Bibi are you ever gonna grow? " Aunt Janet asks as a sales lady measures my bust.