12; His flames are gone

Back in Gehenna

Struggling. The yearn to break free. The yearn to go back to everyone else. Rin, strapped to a metal frame in a private cell, too has similar emotions as everyone back in Assiah. Hard iron surroundings. Definitely different from his previous cell.

"Hey, flames. "

He got no reply.

"Hey, I said! "

Still no reply.

It dawned down on him. No way Satan's gonna let him have his way with his powers again.

"Pathetic I am... "

Strapped to a bed, no powers. Strong metal laced with Satan's flames circling his weak wrist. Rin was pale and emotionless.

His slow heartbeat pounded silently in the cold and dark cell. Rin was cold... And lonely. Deep down, he hoped he could be rescued, but he thought, something that shouldn't even be on this world shouldn't be saved.

His heart rate was increasing rapidly.

Rin tightened his fists. He had nothing to grasp, unlike before. He had no support. No one... Nothing... He was... Alone.

It felt like hell. Well, he's literally in somewhere like hell now. Invisible strings seemed to be tightening his weak and frail body from each end. Why weak and frail, you ask. He hasn't eaten or drank since two days ago. But it didn't really bother him.

"I thought... This should be over, flames? I fucking accepted you! "

Still no answer. It was for sure that his flames were suppressed, by that so called monster of a father. He never saw him as a father anyway. He saw him as a murderer. A heartless, cold murderer.

But he never knew. Satan was driven by something called love. Satan's love for Yuri Egin, his mother.

Vengeance. Vengeance he wanted. For his adoptive father. The one who found him and Yukio and never killed them, out of compassion. And that compassion led him to his death years later.

It ached. Rin's body ached. But what's important is the ache in his heart. He remembered that scene. Blood flowing from Shiro. Satan's mark on him as he died.

"He's my son. And I'll have you give him back. " were his last words. For scum like me? Rin thought.

Rin had nothing to cling to. Not a support. Not some iron bed he had before. He had no hope left. Well, maybe a small tiny hope of being saved by his friends. But he knew that it wasn't possible. Coming all their way here, they'll definitely be swallowed by the overwhelming miasma. Rin could already feel his body faint from it. You may ask, why? He's half human too, bruh. Also, he didn't want them to be in danger. He wanted to protect the small tiny world he had. The world where everyone hangs out together and smiles. Smiles. Smiles. He understood. Smiles aren't forever. They last. He knew. He wanted to know what was happening in Assiah. He wanted to know about their wellbeing.

"See you then, Okumura Rin. " the voice Rin wanted to hear from so badly, (well not really, he wanted to hear Yukio's and his friends' voices more) enchoed in the tiny room he was detained in.

"Flames?! "

"Yes, yes we're here. "

"Why can't I summon you? Huh, could it be you're chicken? "

"Shut up, child. If you die, we disappear too. Not like Satan would kill you. But if we continue being rejected by your body, we will disappear off the face of this world. We're going to Okumura Yukio. He can save you. "

"N-no! Don't! Don't go to Yukio! Don't harm him! He's a perfectly happy human being! Don't disturb his life, get back here! I promise I won't die, don't go to him! "

"Like we said, shut up. If you think he's a perfectly happy human being, think again. We're going, no matter what. "

"What do you mean? Yukio's not full human? "

"Who knows. "

With that, the blue flames disappeared.

"Hey! You stupid darned blue flames, I'm not finished talking! Stop it with your fucking 'who knows' !" Rin shouted, his angered voice enchoing in the cold and dark cell. He had a glimmer of hope. Of being saved from this hell. But he didn't want to bother him. But... The flames are on its way.

That was his excuse and his hope.