27; Please set me free

Every second as you indulge yourself into that small piece of cake, laughed with your friends, done your homework while complaining about it, swallowed a mouthful of water, someone is suffering. Hunger, struggling to make ends meet, bullying, imprisonment, or torture. The yearn for a single drop of water. Hoping to find a box of unfinished food somewhere. Wishing to find any money dropped carelessly on the ground. Pleading for it to stop. The life one cannot choose. The fate one cannot escape. The heritage one cannot pick.

Like how, he didn't choose to be Satan's son. Like how he didn't have a choice, a preference, or any way to avoid it.

"Rin. Who am I?"

"S-s-satan."

If you were there right now, you would've been overwhelmed with pity for the boy with his head hung low, voice laced with fear and body strapped to a chair. That's human compassion, isn't it?

But Satan is not human. Nor does he have any compassion.

"That's not right. That's fucking wrong, you fucktard."

The demon lord reached out his hand and pulled on navy blue hair, bringing it closer to his face. The more he pulled, the more satisfaction he had felt. The satisfaction could be compared to one of finally avenging your loved ones. But Satan does not love.

Satisfaction is a good thing, but when it comes to Satan's satisfaction, it's a total new story. It's just downright twisted, isn't it?

Fiery blue irises decorated with a scarlet anger in its center pierced through the young boy's eyes. Like as if, it could read all of what was going through his mind.

"How are you supposed to talk to me?"

For once, the demon lord was patient. He waited and waited, for at least five minutes, with his eyes still fixed at his son's features which were contorted with a mixture of fear and anger.

"I- I don't know..."

Anger. It can be expressed in many ways or caused by many things. One example of such is when you don't get the things you want. Satan didn't want such an answer voiced with such a cowardly voice. Maybe the young boy in front of him wasn't his son. Maybe he was just wasting his time. And he thought that boy would be useful to him.

Anger causes scenarios to unfold. Or things that one does. Such as when Satan brought out his free hand and punched the right cheek of the boy with pure anger and frustration. And of course it hurt. Why wouldn't it?

"How are you supposed to talk to me?"

Warm liquid started spilling out of Rin's eyes. This might sound like a normal reaction to anyone, but it wasn't normal here. Rin doesn't cry, y'know. He had always been a strong person. But when that wall in someone collapses, it doesn't build itself back up again.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry... please, please let me go... i'll do anything, please set me free from this..."

"Anything?"

"...A-anything."

You could see the shaky determination in Rin's eyes. He didn't want to abide, but he had to. He's done. He's done with this so called "treatment". He's done with everything.

"Like as if someone like myself ever mattered", he used to think. Yet now, his salvation mattered more than anything else to himself.

Sorry for the long hiatus guyss!! I don't really get inspiration anymore & season 3 for AOE is kinda unlikely but i'm still hoping! Right now i'm reading the manga but i'm not good at understanding manga somehow HAHA :>