20; You're going too far

"You have such smooth skin, don't you. "

Sharp nails traced around his face.

"We can skip the questioning for today... "

"Look at your nail... I brought it back and painted it for you! "

A nail painted pink with a lone crystal was forced upon Rin's view.

Rin stared at the dull grey ceiling, trying very hard to shift his thoughts to something else.

"Hey... Talk to me... "

Hot iron burned his toes. No more screams nor shouts were able to escape Rin's throat. A lone tear dripped from Rin's eye.

"Why... Aren't you making any sounds? Aren't... You supposed to cry out if you feel pain? Today... Isn't any fun, Rin-kun... Hey... SCREAM! SHOUT! MAKE ME HAPPY! "

Kayato pressed the hot heated iron harder onto his toes. The pain was unbearable, even allowing Rin's dry throat to make a sound after all that screaming and shouting before.

"ungh... "

"No, not enough, Rin-kun. "

She pushed the iron plate forward, onto his feet, slowly following onto his ankle.

"St-stop... Wh... Do... Ou... wyunt? (What do you want) "

"Oh...That's a great reaction! I like it! I want... Cries... Pleads... For me to stop. "

"Rin-kun... You're so different... Any average prisoner would have thrown this cell into hell in my hands. "

"Tch. Even burning wasn't enough? " Kayato placed the iron plate away, not bothering

"Yo... re... Twu...ste...dee. (You're twisted) "

"What? I can't understand you... "

Rin stared at Kayato's crazed expressions. How was he going to make her understand him, after having his tongue burnt? Another tear emerged.

Kayato huffed and puffed and grabbed Rin's hand. Twist... Twist... Twist!

"ARGHH! " screams of pain and agony filled the cell at last.

"That's what... I wanted to hear, Rin-kun... "

Kayato grinned.

"Hirako... What a fine child you've conceived... A perfect specimen for my experiments. "

"N-no! Stop! Father! P-please!"

A plate of hot iron scorched her left eye. Screams impaled the young child with the age of 7. That wasn't the end, though.

Kayato shivered.

"Hey... Rin-kun... What do you think this is? " Kayato lifted up her fringe ,which was usually swept to one side, showing a brown patch of burnt skin on and surrounding her left eye.

"It doesn't work anymore. "

Rin gasped silently in his mind. Was she... A victim too?

When you are miserable, you need someone even more miserable than you.

"So... Why don't you show me how I looked like... When I got this? "

Rin slowly shook his head.

"N-no... Stho-o-p! (No... Stop!) "

The iron plate slowly approached Rin...

"Kayato. That's enough. " the man from yesterday called out immediately.

"That's one thing you can't do, Kayato. I'm letting you off the hook for burning his tongue, since it'll get in the way of questioning. You are dismissed. "

Kayato stopped cold in her tracks.

"Be quick, Kirina Kayato. "

"You mean... I won't be seeing Rin-kun anymore? That's sad...goodbye, Rin-kun! Hope we'll see each other soon!" Kayato put away the iron plate and released him onto the floor again. Rin tumbled down, short of breath, thinking of what would have happened if he hadn't interfered. His feet hurt. It felt like he had been standing on pins and needles, a stinging sensation.

Kayato packed up and left, each and every of her footsteps echoing softly.

The door locked behind her and Rin calmed down, his hushed breathing turning back to normal.

Burnt feet, burnt tongue and scratches on his face. New injuries, adding to his pain. New pain, lemon juice dripping off Rin's arm with a stinging pain.

"Okumura Rin. You're lucky as of today. Kayato's not in her right mind, and if I wasn't here, you might've been in a much worse state. "

================================

"The Vatican's taking it too far! They can't do this to nii-san! "

"Hey, yer little chicken... Calm down. We'll pay them another visit. I heard from baldie that they're having another discussion today."

Shura walked to a nearby door, with Yukio trailing behind her. She fumbled around dozens of her keys and found the right one. Turning it into the doorknob, she and Yukio entered through into the courtroom.

"...Kirigakure Shura and Okumura Yukio? "

"I suppose we had not sent you an invitation. What brings you here? Please have your manners next time. "

Whispers passed around in the seats.

"Yer taking it too far. That's no way to treat Okumura Rin! "

"I see. You're here about his matter. Perfect. We were also discussing about him. "

"You're detaining him without a reason! You're going too far to not even feed him! On top of that, what gives you the rights to harm him? " Yukio questioned, his thoughts jumbled up in a mess.

"We need answers. "

"We're not believing yer farce. Release Okumura Rin right now! "

"Believe in him! Satan wanted to break his will and possess him! "

"I see. That's a fitting reason as to why he was brought to Gehenna. And if we don't release him? "

"Then... Then... "

"Kirigakure Shura. You should not waste your time here. "

"Fine... Why not we make a deal? If Rin manages to control his flames at will in a year, yer have to release him right now. "

The Grigori discussed among themselves.

"Are you sure? We have heard from him that he had accepted all of his powers. It might be difficult."

"Yes. "

"Then we shall. We do have some hopes that he'll be a useful weapon that Assiah would wield. "

"Arthur Auguste Angel. "

"Yes. "

He swiftly left the door and entered again in a matter of seconds, tugging at Rin behind him, tossing him to Yukio.

"That's too rough to handle him! " Yukio snapped at Arthur.

"Whatever. "

"Nii-san! " Yukio shook the unconscious Rin gently. With no response, he reached out and carried Rin properly, and motioned Shura to bring them to the True Cross Hospital with her keys.