28; I can save you

"What a joke, Rin... Of course I can't free you. But, I can save you."

"But, I can save you."

All Rin could hear at that moment of time, were those five words.

Rin's cheeks felt the cold, hard floor beneath him, as the steel chair that strapped his body to numbness toppled. That same flooring that he had kneeled on, lay on, been tormented on. If this was enough to save himself from this neverending torment, if giving in to Satan just this once could save him from all this pain, he would do it.

"He's Satan's son, he's dangerous!"

"Your father, Satan, killed my family! you're definitely no good either..."

"Don't you know? Your blue flames can kill people!"

"Demon child."

He has never been accepted, right? No matter how hard he tried, everyone still shunned and despised him, right? So, what use is there... to fight for them?

"Satan is not my father! My father is Fujimoto Shiro, and Satan killed him! All of you just watch, I swear, I WILL end Satan!"

Even after he said that, people still doubted him, right? They still locked him up, right? They even tortured him. Even when he tried his best, no one ever accepted him, right? So... why should he protect them, why should he try so hard to prove himself... to no one?

"What a pleasure to be able to witness the blue flames of Satan, Young Master." The man with large grey horns and coal tars swarming around him commented.

His eyes shone with a certain eerieness as he knelt on one knee beside the young boy, who was surrounded with blue flames that was as blue as the ocean, as if it was an act of mercy.

"My name is Astaroth." That same man declared, as he reached out a hand.

Why didn't... he just take that hand that day? What use is there to struggle, only to get locked down by his identity?

People say that trust is hard to build. That was definitely true, for Rin. No one ever trusted him enough. No one had ever looked at Rin in the eye without shuddering in fear. No one, had even smiled at Rin genuinely. Well, maybe Shiemi.

"Do you know how I got this?"

As raven hair was swept aside by pale thin fingers, an eye that has seemingly lost all colour, surrounded by patches of wrinkled brown skin revealed itself.

"It doesn't work anymore."

A cold hand caressed his battered cheek, staining itself with crimson red liquid, while the other hand held onto a red hot iron, just millimetres away from his eye. It was so hot that the young boy, who was chained to a wooden board, could feel his tears evaporate.

"...pleath...stop." his cries for help was muffled by the overbearingly terrifying situation and... his inability to speak carefully, caused by his burnt tongue. He could not even taste his own blood.

"You don't deserve to live, do you?"

Why should he, fight for those who torture him... both physically and mentally?

As that young boy recalled that scene, a shudder went down his spine. His frail and fragile body lay motionless, still strapped on that damned steel chair on the floor and he was reminded of his helplessness. As he bit his lip, he uttered those four words; the words that would change his future drastically.

"...save me, won't you?" It was the end of the line for Rin. He had been strong... for too long. As those four words forced themselves out of Rin's throat, a tear slid down his cheeks. He let down his protective walls, exposing his weak self to Satan's power.

"Of course, Rin. Why wouldn't I?"

For the first time in his life, Satan held out a hand, with one knee on the ground. As his face spread into a huge grin, with eyes shining with a dreadful red, he muttered, "Give yourself to me.".

___________________________________

Hi everyone! A huge thank you to those who are still reading my fanfiction up until now. As I read through it myself a few days before, I could not help but cringe at my writing style. That makes it hard for me to comprehend how all of you read through it! That is why I am grateful. As I read through all the comments, I could not help but feel accomplished and motivated. I was only 13 when i started this fanfiction. Now, I am only a week away from 15.

Also, I am considering to re-write this fanfiction, from the start. I will simply edit the chapters one by one. Or should I publish the re-written parts seperately? What do y'all think? Please let me know in the comments! Thank you everyone!