Chapter Three: The Peace Corps and something to say

Maya:

    Zack pulled into a parking spot, parked and clicked the button to open the trunk of his car. We got out of the car, and I grabbed my bags. Neither of us said a word. The wind was stronger today, but the sun was shining and it was fairly warm. Around us, people were grabbing their bags, hugging hello, kissing goodbye. I didn’t want to leave Zack. I turned back to look at him, he was looking at me, wiping his cheeks. I dropped my bags and walked to him. I took his hand, and kissed him. It was one of those, ‘I’m leaving, please don’t forget about me, I love you’ kisses. He pulled me in and held me. This was my dream. Ever since I was five, I’ve always wanted to be in the Peace Corp, but when I was five, I didn’t know that I was going to meet someone so amazing and completely wonderful. I squeezed him, and held him tighter.

    “Maya, I have something to tell you,” he whispered.

Cody:

    I was running as fast as my muscular massed challenged legs could carry me. My lungs were on fire. I could barely breathe. But I had a ridiculously large smiling metaphorically sweeping across my face. I couldn’t wait to see her, and tell her the news. I probably looked like a moron running across the campus that day, but I didn’t care. I ran to the residential part of campus, and found Bailey’s dorm building. I ran inside, and ran up the stairs to the fourth floor to room 415.

    When I found her door, I raised my closed fist, to knock on the door, but I stopped myself. A sudden wave of nervousness washed over me. I could hear her singing to Hunter Hayes, “Storm Warning”. She loved Hunter Hayes. And hearing her beautiful singing voice, made me just all that more nervous. I was finally so close to her. I wanted to hold her, kiss her, tell her how beautiful she is and how much I missed her.

And among all of that, I walked away.