Chapter Fourteen: A Moesby Wedding (Part 3)

Ms. Tuttweiller:

“I object! Emma! I object!” I gasped, and felt the beat of my heart pounding in my ears. I could feel my heart pounding in my chest. I squeezed Marion’s hand, and slowly turned around. I searched the crowd, looking for the person standing up. And then, I saw him. My mouth fell open, and the room grew fuzzy. My balance grew impaired, and my legs gave out from under me. I passed out.

Mr. Moesby:

I heard the voice that said they objected. I turned around, and I gasped. What I saw I never would have guessed. Not many thoughts went through my mind before Emma let go of my hand, and fainted.

“Water!” I yelled. “Can someone please get me some water!?” I grabbed a program and started fanning Emma. Maybe she would come to.

Bailey:

Everybody in the bridal party turned around. Everyone was standing up, looking around, gasping, mouths wide open. There was the man, standing in the back of the sanctuary. He was looking dead ahead, unblinking. I recognized him, and when I thought about it for a second, it dawned on me. Before I could yell out his name, Mr. Moesby yelled for water, waving his arm in the air. I ran out of the sanctuary and ran to the church’s kitchen. I ran frantically around the kitchen, looking in every cabinet for the glasses. When I finally found them, I ran to the sink, filled the glass with cool water, and ran carefully back to the sanctuary. I opened the door, ran up the aisle, and handed Mr. Moesby the glass.

Cody:

For the past five minutes, everyone had been going bonkers. Ms. Tutweiller had passed out, but she came to after a few minutes. She drank the glass of water, and sat up, completely emotionless. Mr. Moesby stood up. “YOU.” He growled. “HOW COULD YOU DO THIS!?” He was infuriated.

Zack

We were all gathered around Ms. Tutweiller, and I looked up. Moesby was walking slowly away from the altar, growling, and Oscar was making an appearance. But once I gathered it all in my head, I realized who he was growling at. He wasn’t blinking, his eyes were wide open, and he was holding a puppet... She looked like Ms. Tutweiller… Then it dawned on me.

“MR. BLANKET?!” I exclaimed.

"Who invited Mr. Blanket?" I heard Cody say behind me.

"Mr. Blanket! What are you doing here?! I am over my fear of bananas! You don't need to be here!" I yelled.

"I am not here for you, Zack. I am here for Emma." He put the Ms. Tutweiller puppet down gently in the pew next to Ms. Tutweiller's mother, then ran up the aisle onto the stage and had an awkward confrontation with Moseby.

"Emma, you know how I feel about you. And I know you feel the same way. Why would you want to be with him, when you could have a better life with me? I can treat you better than he can." At that point, I couldn't let him keep going. I glanced at Cody, but he was already one step ahead of me.

"C'mon man, you're just making a fool of yourself. Mr. Moseby and Ms. T are getting married. They love one another. Today is their day, and I think it's time for you to leave." I started leading him down the stairs and to the door but Mr. Blanket turned again for one last plea.

"Emma, please, tell me. Who will it be? If you say you don't want me, you'll never see or be bothered by me again."

Ms. T glanced at Mr. Moseby. They exchanged looks, she grabbed his hand, and faced Mr. Blanket. "Mr. Blanket, we didn't have anything. We won't ever have anything, my heart belongs with Marion. At that moment, Mr. Moesby kissed Ms. T and the preacher said as he threw up his hands, "I now pronounce you man and wife." Everyone cheered, and I watched as Mr. Blanket left the sanctuary. I took Maya's hand, and followed Woody, Addison, Bailey, Cody, London and Marcus up the aisle to the reception hall.