Chapter Fifteen: What the future holds

Bailey:

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

I rolled over, trying to ignore the alarm, but it didn't work for too long. Kassie came busting through my door.

"DUDE, REALLY?! I'M TRYING TO SLEEP HERE!" She was pretty much screaming. Kassie is my roommate, and not a very good one at that. She's a skateboarder, long dark brown hair, green, pink and blue streaks in it. She usually wears guy shirts and shorts. She didn't like me much, and I didn't really care for her much either. Nevertheless, I tried my best to get along with her. I fumbled to come up with what to say to her as a comeback, but I didn't want to cause an altercation.

"I'm sorry, Kass."

"You're not my friend, don't call me 'Kass'." she snapped. By this point, I was exasperated.

"I am ever, so truly sorry, Kassidy Moore. I was so wrong, and you were so right. Thank you for pointing my mistake out to me ever so politely. I really appreciate it now. I will do my best to be a good roommate." I said sarcastically with an antagonistic tone.

"Good." She replied with a fake smile and walked out.

I rolled my eyes. Surprisingly, Kassie made me miss living with London.

I should call her and see if we can go out for coffee or something.

I thought to myself. I picked my phone off the nightstand and called London. Three short rings later, I was directed to voicemail.

YAY ME! You’ve reached the fabulous London! I’m probably shopping or on my jet to somewhere beautiful! I never check my voicemail, so it is probably better if you just hang up! I’ll call you back sometime! It’s little me, of to Pair-ee!

Beeep.

“Hey, London! It’s Bailey. My terrible roommate kinda reminds me of you, but I..--” I paused and swallowed my pride.

“..miss you.” I finished. “Call me sometime. I’d love to see you."

I hung up, rolled out of bed, and. I looked at my calendar. Today was graduation. I couldn’t believe that time went by so fast. I put on my cap and gown, and went to the gymnasium.

Omniscient narrator:

For Bailey and Cody, they graduated from Yale together, Carey and Kurt made the trip to watch Cody graduate, so did Bailey's family. Her Grammy also made the trip. When Cody's name was called, he went to the stage, and the slideshow backdrop behind him changed from his picture to "

Bailey Pickett, will you marry me?"

The entire gymnasium gasped and cheered as Bailey walked onstage crying. Cody took off his cap, and got down on one knee. She took the ring, kissed Cody and hugged his neck. 8 weeks later, they had a relatively small wedding at a country club, and a reception under the summer stars. 5 years later, they adopted 2 children, Eloise, who is five, and Daniel who is 3 months old.

Zack and Maya announced their marriage as planned, on the fourth of July at the Martin's summer home, and the whole family celebrated. They had another announcement as well. They were expecting. If it was a girl, her name would be Allison, and if it was a boy, his name would be Bentley. 8 months later, Maya and Zack welcomed a healthy baby boy, Bentley Matthew Martin into the world on Feburary 14th. 2 years later, Zack and Maya watched their son’s first steps and words and Zack was sent his ship out notice. Maya was 6 months pregnant when he shipped out. He kissed his son, his wife, and his baby goodbye and left for Afghanistan. Maya had the baby four months later, a little girl, Allison Danni Martin, born September 31st. A year and a half passed. Bentley, Allison and Maya went to wait at the airport for Zack to come home. After a long flight, he came home just before Christmas. Zack was meeting his daughter for the first time, and so overcome with happiness, he cried as he kissed his baby, his beautiful wife and his son. He shipped out once more after that, came home safely to his family, and retired from the military. He was offered a coaching position USC and Maya became a pediatrician.

London scheduled a morning appointment for a teeth cleaning, and was reunited with Todd St. Mark, her forbidden teenage Romeo. Both their father’s didn't approve of their relationship and cut the both of them off. London, fortunately, had some of her father’s fortune saved up and Todd made his living as a dentist.

London learned to live in the upper middle class,as well as learning the importance of saving and budgeting money. She is making her living as a massage therapist, starting her new life with Todd. The two have since moved in together, and are making the most of their financial changes. But London and Todd are happy together, and that’s all that matters.

As for Marcus, he is still making his comeback to fame with his Broadway hit based on “Retainer Baby”, and he is releasing a new album, “Retainer Baby-2.0”.

And lastly, Maddie was at a protest, where she reunited with Jason, the sweet, wealthy young man she met 6 years prior. Shortly after, Jason proposed and Maddie has been enjoying the perks of being upper-class. They have since decided on a long engagement and are living happily together.

Now, I like that ending so much better. Don't you?