uno.

« the best thing to hold onto in life is each other. »

valentina's pov

valentina's pov.

5 years ago

'tell him how you feel tina!' whispers my friend alejandro.

'i can't! you know i can't.' i whisper back looking at him quickly.

'come on, what's the worse that could happen?'

'a lot of things! he could tell his friends, tell the class, tell everyone in the school! you know how popular he is.'

'come on, there is no way that boy doesn't like you.'

hearing those words come out of my best friend's mouth really makes me smile. only three of my closest friends know about my, you could say, ""crush"" on paulo.

these past few months, i've gotten a lot closer to him, we talk but nothing has happened yet.

'deep down, you know he likes you back.'

'no he doesn't, he would have said something by now.'

'miss franco and mister roccuzzo, care to share what you're talking about instead of concentrating in my class?'

'no miss, sorry miss.' says alejandro, i notice in the corner of my eye paulo look at me and smirk.

the rest of the class, alejandro and i stay quiet. we just wait till the end of the lesson, and it's our last lesson as well.

'i have to hurry back, my sister is taking me to her dumb boyfriend's football match. i'll see you tomorrow tina.' he says with a smile before walking off.

i search for my phone and earphones in my bag and take them out. i put my earphones in and search through my music and decide on some shakira. i walk down the hallway until i feel a pat on my shoulder.

i just want to go home, i thought.

i turn around and there's paulo standing there, with his stupid smirk on his face.

'what do you want?' i ask, taking one earphone out.

'why are you always so agressive with me?' he asks laughing slightly.

'because i don't like you.' i say bluntly.

'that's not what you were saying yesterday babe.' he says with a wink making me roll my eyes.

'shut up, all you did was help me with my math homework because i helped you with english.'

'and you said you loved me.' he says nudging me with his elbow.

'only because you said it first. now, do you mind i have a bus to catch?'

'alright fine, see you tomorrow. and don't think i'm not going to come and annoy you on snapchat.' he says laughing.

'goodbye paulo.' i say shaking my head, putting my earphone back in my ear.

| x |

once i finally get home, i dump my bag on my desk chair and sit on my bed. today is one of those rare evenings where i don't have any homework.

alejandro : OMG T

me : WHAT

alejandro : nothing i just wanted your attention lmao

me : wow

alejandro : has your mans spoken to you yet

me : no and chill i've only been home 20 minutes

me : and he's not my mans

alejandro : *yet

i roll my eyes, laughing slightly as i put my phone on charge next to my bed. i grab my computer, opening it and wait for the netflix application to open.

i scroll through netflix, the various films and tv shows, wondering why i still pay monthly for this site as i never find anything to watch.

i finally decide to watch inception, one of my favourite films of all time. i wrap my blanket over me and start watching the film.

during the film, my phone vibrates a few times. i sigh and pause my film, this better be good, i say to myself.

i look at my phone and it's paulo. i smile and quickly open the message.

paulo : tina

me : paulo

paulo : how are you?

me : i've been better, you?

paulo : what's wrong??

me : idk this guy just decided to message and i can already tell he's going to annoy me

paulo : tina, you're getting blessed by talking to me

me : wow someone needs to get head out of their ass, it's sunny out here you know

paulo : you know what tina, i like you a lot

paulo : not only are you really cool but at the same time you're also really funny

me : i know, i know it's one of my natural talents

paulo and i continue to talk throughout the rest of the evening. not to float my own boat or anything but i honestly feel like i could maybe be getting somewhere with him. at first, we spoke to each other in class but it was never more than a small conversation. whilst now, we talk all the time and outside of school. it's been about a year since i started to like him, but i just don't know what to do.

i just need to know if the way i feel about him, is the same for him about me.

for those who personally know me will know who paulo is slightly based on.
this is a v slow part but trust me it'll get better as it goes.

love, peace and happiness,
poppy.