trentacinque.

« when someone loves you, the way they talk about you is different. you feel safe and comfortable. »

5 years later

5 years later

'are you ready for your first day of school?' valentina asks alexandra as she walks her oldest daughter to school.

'i'm scared.' she says looking up at her mother.

'i know you are sweetie but look charlie is going to her first day of pre school! so when i come and pick you up, you can both talk to your daddy and i about it!' says tina with a smile.

charlie, short for charlotte, is their second daughter. she is two years younger than alexandra and paulo loves his three girls more than anything.

'okay mamà, i'll be a good girl for you and papà.' she says with a small smile, kissing her mother on the cheek.

'i know you will. i'll be there as soon as you finish school.'

'promise?'

'i promise.' she says with a smile. alex smiles at her mother before walking into the school, waving at her before she walks into the gate.

tina stands there smiling, waving at her oldest daughter until she's out of sight before walking back to her car.

|x|

'hey paulo, when are you thinking of popping the question to tina?' asks sergi as they walk into their locker room after training.

'yeah, i mean you've been together nearly 6 years.' says ousmane.

'i dont know, i've personally thought about it but tina has never mentioned it. i know you might say "just because she's never mentioned, doesn't mean she doesn't want to get married". but tina and i are currently extremely happy with our two little princesses. i don't want to pressure her into thinking she has to get married.' says paulo taking off his shorts and putting his black jeans on.

'that's a fair point, look at leo and antonella, they were together for years before they eventually got married.' says sergi nodding.

'i miss leo playing with us.' says antoine sighing.

earlier this year, the infamous lionel messi finally retired from football, at the age of 37. it was a sad and iconic day for the world of football.

football teams have seen players come and go but nobody has never seen something quite like the best player to ever live to finally retire. everyone spoke of this day finally happening, but no one quite expected it.

'me too, but we all got blessed to play with him.' says paulo and they all agree with him.

after getting changed, he takes his training bag and walks over to his car and drives home.

'i'm home!' says paulo as he walks into their barcelona home.

'hey baby.' says tina with a smile as she walks over to him.

'how was their first day of school? i'm so sorry i couldn't come.' he says wrapping his arms around her.

'it went well, charly was much easier than on alex's first day of school.' says tina laughing.

'i feel so old, now they're both in school. next thing, is their off to university and getting married!' says paulo.

'you're only 30 paulo, stop talking like you're 50.' says tina laughing before kissing him.

'oh that reminds me, i need to make lunch!' says paulo suddenly before going to the kitchen.

'how did i remind you of lunch?' asks tina.

'because you're a meal.' says paulo with a wink making her roll her eyes.

|x|

'can i ask you a question?' asks paulo.

'of course.' says tina before eating a mouthful of food.

'do you want to get married?' he asks making her nearly choke on her chicken.

'i'm sorry what?' she says clearing et throat with some water.

'i said, do you want to get married? it's not a proposal or anything, it's just a simple question. as we've never talked about it.' asks paulo.

'well i've never really thought about it that much to be honest, it does come to mind every once in a while but i'm not that bothered.' she says shrugging.

'i mean if you want to get married, i'm you not against the idea but i'm happy the way we are right now.' she says with a smile.

'i'm guessing the boys asked you about it huh?' she says looking at him.

'yeah, they did. and i felt bad because maybe you desperately wanted to get married but never said anything and i was just being a bad boyfriend. that's all.'

'paulo don't ever think that. you're an amazing boyfriend and an amazing father. i've always told you, we don't rush into anything we're both not ready for.'

'you wanted a second child that was close in age with alex but you didn't rush me.' she says with a third.

'but i'm telling you this now, if you want a third, you're definitely waiting at least 3 more years my friend.'

okay this was so bad I'M SORRY

this fanfiction is coming to an end soon ladies and gentlemen but i'm so glad it recently 10k as i was scared as this is a paulo fanfic and everything. but i really love and appreciate all the support i get on all my fanfics, i love it!