FOUR

" PLAY THE GAME OR THE GAME WILL PLAY YOU "

Niklaus paced the halls back and forth.
"Enough!" Rebekah shouted at him.
"What are we supposed to do?" Klaus turned to his three siblings.
"You're both giving me a headache." Elijah groaned.
"Sounds like someone is falling in love." Kol smirked.
The game has been in motion for centuries yet the five remained emotionless.
"We all care about him and we wouldn't even be playing this stupid game if it weren't for Blake." Rebekah sighed.
"I have an idea." Kol smirked.
"That's dangerous." Klaus scoffed as Elijah snorted softly.
"Who does everyone in this town love?"
"Matt Donovan." Rebekah shrugged.
"God no. Try again."
"The doppelgänger." Elijah said.
"Exactly. If we get her brother-"
"They'll trade." Klaus smirked along with the others before they all put their plan in motion.

"Hello Elena." Rebekah smirked into the phone.
"Rebekah why do you have Jeremy's phone?" Elena asked worriedly turning to Damon who's eyes widened.
"Well I'm here with Kol. Say hi brother." Rebekah put the phone on speaker.
Kol threw a punch to Jeremy's face as the boy cried out.
"Hi Elena." Kol smirked at his sister.
Elena shakily ran a hand through her hair turning to Damon and now Stefan.
"Kol and Rebekah have Jeremy." She sighed.
"Now listen closely Elena if you don't care enough about your brother we have Niklaus just itching to jump on the sheriff who has been around longer then expected."
"What do you want Rebekah?" Elena gritted out.
"I want you. Only you to take that coffin and get to the witchy house, Elijah is waiting there, if he does not get that coffin in about twenty minutes say goodbye to your brother." Rebekah smirked before hanging up the phone.

Elena sighed looking to the brothers.
Before they could stop her she sped to the coffin and disappeared in a flash.

"Thank you Elena." Elijah smirked sending a quick text to his siblings.
"Elijah?" Elena questioned skeptically.
"Yes."
"What so important about this guy?"
Elijah paused looking at the doppelgänger.
"It's a long, long story." Elijah sighed.
"Maybe one day you'll hear it."
And with that the eldest original returned home.

"Here he is." Elijah smiled as he and his siblings surrounded the coffin.
Klaus opened it up with a genuine smile that matched his other siblings.
"Who would like to do the honors?" Kol questioned looking at the glass dagger in the boy's heart.
Rebekah smiled wrapping her hand around the glass and yanking it out.
Slowly but surely the cracks in his face began to heal and the color came back to his face.
His hands started to twitch and then it happened.
His brown doe eyes opened wide.
The originals smiled wider then they ever had before.
"Divine move. Divine move."