Doors to Hell

(TIME JUMP TO END OF SEASON 2)

//R

I was soaring through the air jumping from roof to roof with a smile on my lips. The wind was blowing my hair in all directions and the sun was on the horizon. Twilight, when Blüdhaven wakes up from it's slumber. I heard a scream in the distance and spun around.

It wasn't even dark yet! While I was on my way to the origin of the scream, KF appeared next to me. I smiled at my old friend, the one and only Wally West. 

"Gonna catch some baddies? Can I help?" he laughed.

"I thought you were retired." I shot back.

"I've got to stretch my legs. Artemis won't let me leave the house!" KF said exasperated. 

"The door's open, just don't die. Your girlfriend would have my head on a stake." I joked and we ran to the scream. 

Once we got to the source we found some random thug holding a gun to a woman's chest. Before the man was able to lay a finger on the woman, KF disarmed him in a flash. I swiftly kicked the living daylights out of him and cuffed him to the street lamp. The woman thanked us and was on her way. 

We climbed back to the rooftops and continued to patrol the area. Once I had finished my round, we relaxed on the casino roof. We cracked a few jokes, but then something touched my hand. I looked down to see a feather had landed on my hand. This wasn't any ordinary feather, it seemed to belong to a swan. I held the soft feather in my hand, but it was quickly lost in the wind. 

***

I woke up with a start and closed my eyes again trying to fall back asleep. I never wanted the dream to end, reality was the real nightmare. My alarm went off and I groaned. I slapped the alarm and rolled out of bed using all the strength within me. 

I slipped on an ironed, blue uniform and a pair of shiny black shoes. I rubbed my eyes when I arrived through the doors of the Blüdhaven Police Station. I sighed when I plopped into my desk chair. The depressing thoughts of Wally's absence made the smile on my face disappear. The team was slowing falling apart and Artemis has gone a-wall as Tigris. It seemed like my life was slowly falling to pieces.

"Grayson, get in here!" the Chief yelled from his shaded office.

I groaned out loud and pushed open the door to Hell. Although this time, there was someone else in Hell with me. The long black haired woman turned around with a smile. Her pearly white teeth screamed 'goody two-shoes', but her dark brown eyes said otherwise. Before I could study her further she stuck out her hand.

"Since you haven't been assigned a partner yet, you two will be pairing up. This is Ms. Kayo Cobblepot, she trained in Gotham." Chief explained.

I shook her hand, "Hi, you must be Richard." she assumed.

"You would be correct!" I smiled back brightly.

Great. Just great. I got a rookie as my partner. The girl looks like she can barely hold a gun properly. She looked familiar for some reason, but I couldn't place my finger on it. I examined her again trying to remember where I had seen her before. I finally made up my mind that I was simply paranoid and shook of the feeling.

"What are you waiting for? Get on with it!" the Chief growled.

We scurried out of there in seconds. She headed for the gun range, so I followed. 

"So, what's billionaire Bruce Wayne's son doing in Blüdhaven's police force?" she asked while putting on her googles.

"Trying to make the world a better place." I shrugged.

"Heroic." she commented with the tiniest amount of bitterness.

"Well how about you then, Ms. Gotham? Why Blüdhaven Police Department?" I asked bluntly.

"Cheaper living." she answered matching my tone.

After that she placed ear mufflers over her ears and loaded her gun. I picked up my gun with hesitation and loaded it. I reminded myself that I wasn't actually shooting anyone and shot a couple of rounds. When I was finished with my last round, I placed my gun down with a sigh of relief. 

I glanced over at Kayo and almost fell over. Almost all of her shots were a direct hit to the head or center chest. She seemed focused, but the intimidating part was her relaxed posture. Once she finished, she placed her gun down and we left to take off our gear.

"You're a pretty good shot. Gotham must have given you a tough time, huh?" I complimented. 

"You've got no idea." she mumbled under her breath.

//

Of course she isn't dead. Who do you think I am? A murder? Sorry this chapter took so long, it took me forever to decide how I wanted them to meet again. I know this was kinda low key, but just you wait. XD

~KO

//