[ 09 ]

IT'S HARDER TO HIDE THE PAIN
THAN TO CURE
▶ WONDERLAND – LONGGUO&SHIHYUN

          "I'll see you tomorrow" Jungkook says, both hands inside the pocket of his pants. He stands straight in front of his currently favourite art, while locking their eyes together.

Mi-so flashes him a genuine smile, "Thank you for today"

"For what?" he asks back playfully.

She scoffs and look away, "Shut up"

"Sure" he beams as he smiles right after "Go in. It's getting late"

"I blame you" she unlocks the gate, steps in and locks the gate again.

"But you did enjoy"

"Go!"

"Okay!" he raises his voices in defeat and flashes her his toothy grin before biding her goodbye and walk away.

The moment he turns his back, she too do the same and at the same time, the smile she shows to the guy whom she secretly has feelings for, fade away. Her steps are surprisingly heavy with guilty in her heart. She knows what's waiting for behind the door, double angers rather than worries. Mi-so heaves a sigh and walks towards the door. Before she could even lifts her hand to unlock the door, it's already open.Heavily, Mi-so lifts her head and meet two pairs of gazes she wishes it could go away soon, however, it will not.

"Get in quickly young lady, we need to talk" her mom demands and the daughter obeys her silently, doesn't even have any courage to look up on her nor on the dad "Tell me, where did you go all day long?"

Mi-so stands straight with her head facing to the ground, watching her toes wriggling, "School".

"Then?"

"Riverside"

"And?"

"Home"

The mother scoffs and folds her hands up to her chest, hips to her right, she stares at her daughter furiously, "Didn't I tell you have an appointment today?" .

"You did"

"Then why? Did you put your phone on silent again? Why didn't you answer my texts and calls? Also your dad's calls as well?" the lady shots her never ending questions and lastly points at her husband who is watching the two women settling themselves.

"I, didn't put my phone on silence" Mi-so starts of slowly.

"Then why Mi-so? Did you ignore them purposely? Do you know how important your appointment is? Don't you want to be cure?". Guess, Mi-so's mom's skills in questioning people without breaking is unbeatable.

The younger sighs quietly and inhales the air again, "What's the point anyways?" she says softly, slowly lifting her head up while gaining all her courage to meet their eyes, and she does it.

"What?" her mom raises voice in disbelief "I've paid the doctor for your check ups Mi-so, and you're going to waste just because you want to spend your time with that Jungkook kid again?"

That's it. "There you go again mom" she stops and continues again as she tries hard not to tear up "All you care is about how you spend your money on my medicals, you didn't even care about me!"