[ 10 ]

IS THIS WHY YOU
KEEP ON EATING SWEETS?
▶ WONDERLAND - LONGGUO&SHIHYUN

          "Oh hey Jungkook!"

Just the sight of his favourite's girl lifting her hand weakly enough to make his heart shutter into pieces. He frowns as he drags his own feet slowlyly, approaching her. Mi-so sits up straight and flashes him a smile while pulling up the blanket to keep herself warm. He wanders his eyes from her head till her hand that has a intravenous drip on it.

"How long have you been here?" he asks, his voice creaks in the middle as he shutters a bit.

Mi-so hums as she looks away, forcing herself to look cheery, "Yesterday" she answers.

"What are you doing here? In this floor? What's with the drips?"

"I'm not well, I've told you"

"It's just a normal fever right? You overworked yourself till you got admitted in ward, right?"

She smiles, "I wish" she says with her weak voice.

Before he could continue, someone comes in. He turns around and meets with her mom's eyes. Quickly, he pays her a respect bow and moves away.

"You must be Jungkook" the lady says as she approaches her daughter to pass her sweets. "Yes I am Mrs Jang" he replies. Mrs Jang turns around to face him, "Do you mind if we talk?". Instead of replying her, he tries to lock his eyes with Mi-so's, she mouths him 'it's okay' before he can turn back to her mother and agrees to talk outside.

\\\

"It's been a long time since I've saw you with Mi-so again" the elder smiles as she takes a seat beside the teen.

Jungkook who is fidgeting with his fingers, sweats as his heartbeat's speed increasing. He forces a laugh, "Yeah".

"Why did you friends with her again?"

"We" he pauses for awhile to find a proper answer to her question, because if her ever tells the truth, she might scolds him, "I actually, asked myself a lot why she stopped talking to me four years ago and I thought why not I approached her again this year"

"Why now?"

He blinks, shuttering, he answers, "Sorry?"

"I was asking, why now out of all times? I mean, you can talk to her two years ago or even a day after she stopped talking to you. Why now?"

"I– uh " in the end, he hangs his head low, clasping his both hands "I'm sorry. I should've done that sooner"

"Listen Jungkook, I love the fact that you're friends with her again, I really appreciate that you're willing to spend your time with her. But did you know that she maybe has so little chances to breathe?"

"Wh–what?" he raises his voice slightly.

"Didn't you notice anything wrong with her?"

"Well,  she ate a lot of sweets, she looks tired all the time and she skips school a lot"

"I'm afraid to say this but i think it's better for you to stay away from her. She has a time bomb in herself that might explode anytime. If it ever explodes, at least it's on herself and it wouldn't affect you" the lady sighs "I just, I don't want her to blame herself for not being able to be healthy and live longer than she deserves. So please, stay away from her".

She stands up and before she could walk even further, he begins, "But" he too stands and faces Mi-so's mom "Wouldn't it be better if I stay by her side till the end, to payback the things that i should've done long time ago? Mrs Jang, to be honest, I would rather spend my time with her, i dont care if her disappearance would affect me in the future because I, myself think I don't deserve such girl like her, she's more than the other girls I've known before this" he exhales and fills in his lung again with a gust of air "It's better for me to fill in her last piece with joy instead of letting the sorrow devours her".

\\\

After paying his uncle a visit, Jungkook sits by himself at waiting lounge with silence engulfs around him. It's night and he had never felt this lonely before. Still in his school uniform but were unbuttons, revealing his white shirt underneath with few crumples on it. His hand is holding a can of soda he buys from a vending machine earlier while his eyes are staring straight to the black screen of the TV.

Jungkook once again is having a mixed feelings— relief because his uncle is getting better and worry about Mi-so's current condition. He always see her looking so weak and lazy but he never once thinks she's in that bad condition. Jungkook then leans against the chair and hangs his head low, eyes on the can in his hand.

"Aren't you going home?"

The guy lifts his head and sees Mi-so smiling while she's leaning on a pole that holds her drip bag. He stands up and walks towards her, "What are you doing here?" he asks, half raising his voice half whispering due to the quiet environment of the hospital.

"Sneaking out" she giggles and earns a frown from him "Chill, mom let me have a talk with you so why not" Mi-so sighs and forces yet another weak smile "I hate being a quiet person"

"Your mom let you?"

She hums, "She said you're at the waiting lounge so she let me to come here"

They stare at each other for awhile and out of the blue, Jungkook pulls her into his embrace, hugging her tight and gives all his warmth to her already cold body. Mi-so's hands are awkwardly hanging behind his back as she doesn't know what to do but slowly, she wraps her hands around his bigger torso, "There there" she pats his back few times.

They hug for few minutes more without any words coming out.

"Can we stay like this, forever?" he asks, hug her even tighter.

Mi-so smiles as she continues to pat his back, "Yes we can".

\\\

a/n:

a man with a duality

I love you all <3