[ 11 ]

JUST BREATHE,
BREATHE IN, BREATHE OUT
FOOL - RED VELVET

          The next few days. Jungkook is seen huffing and puffing as he has his both hands cupping his knees while his chest is heaving up and down; trying to normalize his breathing after rushing from school to the hospital immediately. After his heart beats at its normal pace, he stands up straight and take a deep breathe before walking towards the lift to meet Mi-so in her ward.

"Rooftop?" he repeats.

As soon as Jungkook arrives at her ward, instead of seeing Mi-so lying down on the bed, he sees her mom who is busy tidying up the room.

Mrs Jang hums and nods her head to response his question, the lady then lifts her head up and looks at the youngster, "She told me she wanted to be alone"

"Alone?" he mutters slowly yet still audible for her to hear.

"You can meet her. Go and talk to her. She had a hard time breathing yesterday while you're in school" the elder says "Bring this for her too" she adds while passing a bottle of plain water and fistful of her favourite candy.

Jungkook smiles, "Thank you"

"No, thank you. Thank you for being by her side" the lady smiles genuinely, then she continues "Bring her down on her will, don't force her, alright?"

"Got it!" he beams excitedly before bowing slightly and heading straight to the rooftop.

\\\

Jungkook's hand wraps around the cold metal doorknob and he twists it while pushing the door open. He was greeted by the usual swift and cold breeze, kissing his skin. Turning his head to his left, a scoff with a small smile escapes the guy after seeing the girl he's been longing to see sitting on a bench while looking up at the blue sky.

Slowly, he approaches her, "Hi" he smiles widely even before Mi-so could turn her head.

Once she turns her head, looking at where the sudden sound comes from, her face lighten up, "Oh Jungkook!" she beams while scooting to the side "Sit here" she pats the empty space beside her.

"You're alone, again" he settles himself beside her as his eyes never leave her face.

"I now prefer to be alone" Mi-so shrugs, laughing a bit before thanking the guy beside when he passes her the bottle and also the candies.

"But you told me you hate being a quite person just nights ago"

Mi-so scrunches her nose and looks at him, "Proves that people's mind constantly changing" she beams while pointing at her head making them both to break into a laughter.

While Jungkook is searching for a topic to talk about, Mi-so unwraps her candy and put it inside her mouth. The taste of the sweets will always be her favourite. A smile appears by itself the moment she tastes the strawberry flavored candy. Then, she offers him one but he nicely refuses it, "Your mom bought them for you" is his reason why he refuses.

However, Mi-so is being herself, she still insist him to take one of it. She chooses the cola flavored and reaches out for his hand before putting it into his palm and folds his fingers. Jungkook scoffs and thank her anyway. He then keeps it inside the pocket of his pants before he can lean his back against the chair.