Ch-16. The Great Escape

Ch-16: The Great Escape

The car slowed down. I looked out of the window as we slowly came to a stop. Harold stepped out and opened my door and pulled me out.

"Leave me!" I screamed, but his grip only tightened on my wrists. I winced as pain shot up my arm as Harold twisted my arm.

I kicked hard and tried to yank myself away from him, but Garret caught hold of my legs. They lifted me up and carried me inside some old big shed. They locked the door behind us.

There was no other light in the room except for a bulb hanging in the middle of the room.

Harold and Garret left me and I fell on the cold hard floor with a thud. I moaned. My sides ached. I rubbed my red sore wrists, but that was of no use. Garret handcuffed me, making my wrists hurt again. Wherever did he get that from?

I sat up and crawled towards a wall and slumped against it. My heart was thudding. It was beating so fast that my chest ached.

Breathing heavily, I looked around. There were all sorts of carpentry tools kept around. Saws, hammers, nails and god knows what all.

Where exactly were we?

As if reading my thoughts, Garret spoke, "my father was a carpenter and this is his shed." I just fixed him with a scowl at which he grinned wickedly. Then he turned towards Harold. "What say we kill her, Harold? When Jake reaches here and realizes that we killed her, he'll get mad and try to fight us. But obviously, he won't be stronger than us, so we'll kill him and his sister." he said.

Harold nodded his head and walked towards me. He took out a gun from his gun holder and kneeled down to be eye level with me. He then held the gun to my forehead.

The cool metal made my skin prickle. I tried to act as calm as possible and tried to show him that I wasn't scared. But my lips quivered and my legs shook with fear. I placed my hands on my thighs to stop them from shaking.

I looked into Harold without flinching. Both of us were very still for a moment. Then Harold removed the gun from my forehead, saying, "no. Let her also enjoy the fun." then he got up and walked towards a nearby table.

I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding. Calm down, Caroline. Nothing is going to happen to you, I thought. But I knew that that wasn't possible.

I looked at Harold and Garret again. They both seemed to be waiting for Jake and Suzie. Then Garret walked towards me. He picked up the chains coming out from the wall next to me and tied it around my handcuffs. "This will stop you from running away," he muttered.

Great. Now I couldn't even move from this place.

*~*~*~*~*~

It was almost evening now. Harold and Garret still kept waiting for Jake and Suzie. Whenever I would move my hands, the chains made a sound in the silent room, so Harold and Garret took their guns and knives, thinking that it was Jake and Suzie.

They had a small meal in the middle. They offered me some water, but I denied instantly. That's why my throat felt so parched.

I looked at Harold and Garret. Garret was sitting on a chair, dozing off after every two minutes, but Harold was wide awake. I looked around, with no idea what to do. I could always give them the excuse of using the washroom, but I knew that they wouldn't fall for it.

So, with my mouth shut, my eyes scanned all the objects in the room. My eyes moved from the saws hung go the nails in the boxes to a chest of drawers to.....