Chapter 4

Melanie

I walked out the door and started back for my house until I heard footsteps following me. I turned my head to look who it was and it was Alexander following me. "What?" I asked, stopping in my tracks and he got to me. "I'm sorry for yelling. I didn't mean to." He told me and tried grabbing my hand but I pulled away. "Sure you didn't." I whispered and started to walk away again.

"Melanie." He called. I sighed and stopped again. "I'm sorry. I really am." He said, getting in front of me. I looked up at him, craning my neck once again to meet his eyes. They were filled with sorrow. I looked away. "Mel?" He asked, wrapping his arms around me. "I don't know." I said and wiggled out of his arms. "I don't think.. maybe we shouldn't.."

Maybe we shouldn't be mates.. for your own sake. I thought to myself. But I quickly shook the thought off. But it was true. He seemed to have his guard up and from what happened to him.

"Maybe we shouldn't what? Be mates? Is that what you're getting at?" His voice was rough and raw. Like he was getting angry. "I won't let you go. You're my mate and I refuse to let you leave me." He roared as he grabbed my at my shoulders and forced a kiss onto my lips. I tried forcing him away but I couldn't. He was stronger than I was.

"Alex- Alex, stop!" I said, finally able to pull away from him and his grip. I scanned my eyes over his face. He looked angry, but pained. Was he angry at himself for doing that or angry at me for telling him no?

"What is the big deal? First you're calm and okay then you're angry and trying to be forceful. I get you were abused, Alex. But.. but did it leave such an affect on you that you're bipolar?" I let the words slip out. I couldn't stop them. But once the last word slipped through my lips, I slapped my hand against my mouth to stop myself from saying anymore. Plus I was shocked I actually said that. Especially to my mate and alpha.

His jaw clenched. His beautiful eyes turned a shade darker. "Alex.. Alexander, I'm so sorry." Was all I was able to get out before he shifted and started to run away. I took a step forward, about to go after him. But I knew I was the cause for him to run away. So maybe he'd be better off alone for awhile.

I decided to walk back to his house, open the door, and just hung out in the living room until he would come back.

Alexander

I didn't know how for I had ran. Or for how long. But all my anger and adrenaline and energy was drained and the sun was half way to setting. So it must've been afternoon, close to evening.

I stopped and laid down, not even having the energy to shift back to human form. I knew Melanie didn't mean to upset me. But she did. She hit a nerve and I got mad. I heard something crunch behind me and my ears perked up and I turned my head to look who it was.

"There you are." Mel's voice said as she walked up to me. "You didn't come back and it's almost five." She said and sat down next to me to start petting my fur but I growled at her. I didn't want to be touched right now. She pulled her hand back. "Okay then, Mr. Grumpy pants." She said.

I laid my head back down on my paws and looked up at her. "Yeah, I'm still here." She said. I lifted my head back up and nudged her side with my muzzle. "What are you doing?" She asked and tried to stop me. She started to giggle. "Stop, that tickles." She giggled more and continued to try and stop me.

I accidentally pushed her on her back but she continued to laugh even after I stopped. She was amazingly beautiful. Her blue eyes shown like the sky. She was small but that didn't matter. When I saw her in that garden yesterday, none of the flowers compared to her in my eyes. Being with her, allowed me to forget. But the walls I had and the pain were still there. I couldn't stop getting angry at the littlest things.

I shifted back and straddled her. She looked up at me. "I'm sorry I angered you, Alexander." She whispered. "I get it. You're hurting. I understand. Maybe I can help you." She offered.

I chuckled. "It's fine. And you don't have to. It's my feelings. I should deal with them myself." I said and sat up to help her sit up. "I'm your mate, Mr. Alpha. I'll help you." She told me.

I sighed. "Okay, little flower." I said. She smiled. "Okay, my king."