Chapter 5

Melanie POV

He was guarded, cruel, and uptight. He was hurt, upset, and angry. He didn't let anyone break his walls because he was afraid.

The underlying emotion under all of that crazy whirlwind of emotions inside him was fear.

Fear of falling.

Fear of being hurt again.

Fear that everyone he loved would leave.

But that didn't stop me from trying to help this king mend his heart and break those walls of his.

But after almost two and a half months of trying, he still seemed a little shaky on breaking those walls. On letting himself love and let his guard down just for a moment.

He was always possessive of me and protective, though. He wouldn't allow other guys to talk to me unless they were my dad or the guy had a mate. And he didn't like most of my outfits that I wore that were "too revealing". So if I was wearing a shirt that was a little tight or showing more of my top or tummy, he'd throw one of his shirts at me to wear. Or if he saw me in too tight pants, he'd get upset and tell me to either change or make me wear his sweats.

"Alex. Honey, come on. He wasn't staring at me." I rolled my eyes when he pulled me into him as a guy looked me up and down while him and I were sitting in the pack garden, eating lunch. "He was staring at you like he wanted you. You're mine and that's that." Alex growled in my ear.

I sighed. "Of course I'm yours. But you haven't marked me yet. And I don't exactly smell like you. So he wouldn't know." I told Alex. He pouted at me. "Put that lip back in, Alexander. You're not four." I told him, lightly tapping his mouth.

The guy who was looking at me, walked up to us. "Hey there, cutie." He winked at me. "Say. How bout we ditch the Alph here and you and I go get drinks?" He suggested.

But before I knew it, Alex blocked me from the guy and growled, his eyes growing dark. I could tell his wolf was about to come out. So I set my hand on his shoulder. "Don't talk to my mate unless I say you can!" Alex yelled in his face. The guy tsked. "I can talk to whomever I want. I don't need your permission. And I don't see no mark on her." The guy said.

There was a loud breaking noise.

In half a second, Alex had the guy pinned and he was breaking his wrist. "Alexander!" I yelled, standing over him.

Alex looked up at me, his now dark green eyes slowly going back to the normal ocean green. "Shoo." I huffed and pushed him off the guy and helping him up.

"Get a hold of your guard dog." The guy spat. "Just go to the pack doctor. I bet she'll help you." I muttered when he left.

"You shouldn't have stopped me." Alex growled in my ear. "You shouldn't have done it in the first place." I said. "I didn't like how he wanted you."

"I didn't like how you broke his wrist."

"Well what if another woman looked at me like that and asked me out?"

"I wouldn't try to rip her to shreds."

"Like hell! Of course you would!"

"I'm not like you! I'm not cruel and mean and try to get their way just because they're alpha!" I yelled.

This was the most yelling I'd had done in all of my eighteen years of living. I didn't like to yell.

"Oh I'm mean, am I?"

"Yes. You are." I mumbled.

He growled in my face, his eyes growing back to the dark green. I could tell his wolf was threatening to come out. "You watch your mouth!" He hissed.

I looked away from him but he forcefully grabbed my jaw to look at him. I gripped his wrist and tried prying my face away. He was hurting me and his grip was positioned to where it was just cutting off my airway. "A-Alex... ow.. c-can't... breathe.." I gasped, trying to get air.

He let go instantly, tears rolling down his cheeks. "Don't give me that. I swear, Alexander." I gasped for air. "I care for you, but you can't do that and expect if you act victim by crying, you'll get pity." I said.

My wolf wanted to give him pity. He's been hurt and she wanted to just be there for him. But he got violent with me. His wolf got violent.

But I loved him. Since I first laid my eyes on him, I knew I did. Whether it was me or my wolf, I didn't know. But I just wanted to be there for Alex and help him through this. But not if he was going to almost kill me.

"Mel.. Mel, babe." He started but I cowered away from him. "Don't.. don't hurt me." I begged.

I could feel sadness and guilt radiate off of him. But that wasn't going to stop me from not wanting to be touched by him. "I'm sorry. Melanie. Look at me." He pleaded.

I looked up. "I'm sorry. My wolf got jealous.. I got jealous. I didn't want to loose you to him. I took it out on you. I'm so sorry, baby. Please." He said, trying to reach out to me. I let him hold me.

"Don't.. ever.. do that.. again." I said slowly, making sure he caught every word. "Don't touch me the wrong way. Or I'll get my daddy." I threatened.

He nodded. "Promise. I promise. Let the moon goddess strike me down now if I'm lying." He told me. Even though I knew it was an expression, I jumped back, thinking maybe she would strike him down.

But nothing. No striking from her. At least not for today.

"Be lucky, Mr. Alexander." I told him, pointing a finger at him and walking back to his house.

I aspire to be (well not actually be her) this one writer I read because she writes like 2,000 words a chapter just about. I'm lucky to type up 1,000 for ya'll. But yeah. I wanna write more for you. I'm trying.