Chapter 7

Melanie's POV

I groaned when I woke up. A smell hit my nose and it was an amazing smell.

"Alex?" I mumbled, reaching out on the couch I was laying on. But he wasn't there. And I was covered in a blanket and a pillow was under my head.

"Alex?" I called a little louder, sitting up and rubbing the sleep from my eyes. "In the kitchen." He called. I stood up and walked to the kitchen where he was. There stood Alex, standing over the stove. "What are you making?" I asked, leaning against the doorframe. He looked over at me before looking back at the food. "Bacon and eggs." He said as he set some bacon on a plate and went to the fridge to grab eggs.

I walked over to him. "Need any help?" I asked, grabbing a piece of bacon that seemed a little burnt. "No. I'm fine. Thank you though." He said, leaning over and kissing my forehead. I bit into the bacon and looked at the pan. He was trying to make scrambled eggs.

I sighed and tried to help him because he wasn't doing it right but he pouted and lightly pushed me away. "I got this, Mel." He said, pulling his focus back to the eggs. I sigh. "Okay." I said and stole another piece of bacon and walked back into the living room.

Ten minutes later, Alex brought me a plate of food. The eggs seemed a little runny but looked 95% cooked. Or I hoped.

"Thanks." I whispered and took the plate from him and started to eat. He sat down next to me and he wasn't eating. "Are you okay?" I asked him. He nodded. I set the plate down and crawled over to him and sat in his lap. "Tell me. Why aren't you eating?" I asked him. He shrugged.

I sighed and grabbed his face. He raised an eyebrow at me. I leaned in and gently kissed him. He inhaled sharply and wrapped his arms around me. He passionately kissed me back.

Eventually, it became heated and flipped me on my back and straddled me, not breaking the kiss. His lips detached from mine and kiss down my neck. "Alex." I moaned, when he found my soft spot. He nibbled and kissed there but after a few seconds, he pulled away from me and looked away from me.

"Alex?" I asked, sitting up. "I.. I can't.. My wolf wants it." He whispered. I reached over and touched his arm. He looked over and his eyes were black.

When someone's wolf was trying to take over, their eyes change to a darker color or black. With Alex, whenever he got mad, his eyes darken to a dark green. That would be his wolf's anger. But, now it seems like his wolf is trying to take over and his eyes would change to black.

I crawled back on his lap and moved my hair to one side. "Go ahead." I whispered. Alex looked up at me, his eyes still the obsidian color. "I can't. Not.. not unless.."

I shushed him. "I'm ready." I told him and I felt my eyes change and my wolf tried coming through. My eyes would change a red color whenever she tried taking over. Because that was my wolf's fur color.

He grabbed me and brought his lips to my neck. But after a second, he pulled away. "I'm not.." He whispered, forcing his wolf back and his eyes went back to normal. I pushed my wolf back and my eyes changed to their regular color.

I ran my hands through his hair and pressed my forehead against his. I knew he wasn't ready. Neither was I. But I thought if I pretended I was, it allow him to trust me and let me break his walls. But it didn't work.

"Okay." I whispered back and set my head in the crook of his neck. His arms still were wrapped around me and he held me close. It was a nice feeling. To be held by him.

After a few minutes, I pulled back. Tears streamed down his face. "Hey." I cooed, wiping his tears away. He nuzzled his face into one of my hands. "Why haven't you left me yet?" He asked. I sighed. "Because I know there's a good person in you. I know it." I whispered.

He gave me a small smile. But it was forced. Seemed like anything positive he tried to do was forced. But at least he was trying. I planted my lips on his. He gripped my hair and lightly pulled, earning him a moan.

He licked my lips, like he was asking for entrance. I parted my lips and his tongue pushed through. I let him dominate my tongue with his. It felt nice, him massaging it.

I pulled back and wrapped my arms around his neck. "I'm sorry." He whispered and set me on the couch and got up to walk away. "Alex?" I asked. He turned to look at me and sighed before leaving out the door.