Chapter 17

Alexander's POV

"I'm scared. I'm not sure what will happen to me when I go under. What if my body reacts negative to whatever medical concoction they make and I die? What would you do if I died, Alex?" Melanie asked when we were sitting in a hospital room and she was laying in the hospital bed.

It had been a month and a half when we finally had gotten back home from her being kidnapped by my crazy mother and she broke Melanie's knee.

By now, Melanie's knee should have been healed, granted we are werewolves, and she should have started physical therapy. But it wasn't healing properly and so we had to come to a human hospital who knew more about broken bones not healing properly and they told us we had to have surgery on it because her knee cap was shattered and that's why her knee wasn't healing as fast as it should be. And luckily, this human hospital was able to tend to werewolves.

"You won't die. I promise." I sighed in frustration. Half from waiting so long for the doctor, and half from already having this conversation with her five times. "This is one of the best hospitals that we can go to that treats werewolves. And the closest since our pack doctor didn't know what else he could do."

Melanie groaned in frustration. "But I might. I don't trust humans with my body." She told me and ruffled with her hospital gown. "Um, hello?" I questioned. She looked at me. "What?" She asked. "You're pretty much a human with powers, my friend."

She pouted at me and fake cried. "I'm just a friend to you?" She asked. I chuckled. "No. Of course you're not just a friend." I told her, reaching out to grab her hand. She let me grab it and I ran my thumb across the back of her hand. "You'll be okay, baby. I promise."

The doctor came in with a clip board. "Okay, Melanie Bernard. Eighteen years of age, werewolf, broken knee that hadn't properly healed, yeah?" He asked. Melanie nodded. "Well, I examined your X-rays and it seems like we will have to put an implant in. It'll be aluminum so it shouldn't be able to hurt you in any way. If after the recovery period, you're still having issues or pain in your knee, make sure you talk to your pack doctor or come back here to see if it's the material the implant is made of or if your body is just getting used to it."

Melanie sighed. "There's no need to be worried, love. Okay? I'll be here when you come out." I tell her. She gave me a worried smile. "Okay." She whispered as the doctor and nurses prepped her for surgery.

Three hours later

Melanie's point of view

I woke up feeling all drugged and sluggish. "Alex?" I mumbled, reaching up to cover my face from the blinding light. "I'm here. Don't worry." His voice said, in a sleepy tone. "You got out of surgery about an hour ago but didn't wake up. How are you feeling?" He asked me. I groaned. "Drugged."

I heard him chuckle. "Okay, sweetie. Just continue to rest." He told me as I fell back asleep.