Regina POV

Several years later...

I quickly made my way to my vault, walking at a very hurried pace. It was the middle of the night, so the castle was quiet. I don't know why, but I had had a dream about (y/n). I dreamt of the happy times we had had together all those years ago before our mother stuck her up in that room.

Throwing open the vault doors, I quickly looked through its contents to find the one item I was searching for. Once I found my prize, I grabbed the box it was in and teleported out of the vault. I waved my hand in order to get rid of the purple smoke around me, revealing to me that I was in my sister's room. I gently laid the box on a small table and walked over to (y/n)'s bed.

"(y/n)," I whispered, shaking her arm. "(y/n), wake up."

"Regina?" she muttered sleepily. She stretched a little and opened her eyes to look at me, sleep still very much present. "What are you doing here? It's the middle of the night."

"I know, and I'm sorry for waking you, but there was something that I had to give you."

(y/n) nodded and sat up as I returned to the table to open the box. Turning back to face my sister, she gasped when she saw the beating heart in my hand. I went back to her side, sitting on the edge of her bed.

"Gi, you can't be serious," she said quietly.

"I am, (y/n)." I paused to let the words sink in a little. "Do you mind if I...?" My voice trailed off, but I knew she understood what I was implying. (y/n) nodded.

I laid my empty hand on (y/n)'s shoulder to steady her. With a deep breath, I gently placed her heart back into her chest. (y/n) inhaled sharply, tears filling her eyes. I watched as her face regained it color and liveliness, a smile spreading onto her face.

Before I could say anything to her, (y/n) wrapped her arms around me, burying her face into my neck.

"Thank you, Regina," she cried.

I smiled as I returned her embrace.

"You are welcome, dear sister."