Sickeningly Weak

Pain. Just, surging pain. That was all he could feel upon awakening. The first thing he felt was his nose dripping. He held a hand to his face, trying to wipe it off; he found his nose was bleeding, and immediately jumped from the bed, grabbing at a tissue to stop the bleeding. This was his first instinct. He didn't have to think to do it, but just this abnormal pain with no explanation. It drove him. It drove him badly, to find a cause. Of which, it would seem, this was the worst one yet. He hadn't actually thought anything yet; no thoughts he could remember legitimately, at the very least.

  But then he thought. The thought was of this bloody nose being the worst one yet; he was losing much more blood than he normally should. "Well, if this isn't odd," he said, beginning to wonder what time it was. He looked at the clock to see that it was 4:30 AM. He blinked, realizing how dark it was in his room to begin with. He wondered why his sleep felt so short; he went to bed so very early, and it felt like five minutes only had passed, and now it was 4:30. He couldn't remember what time he went to bed, but he remembered it was in the evening. Oh well. He couldn't attend school today anyways, he thought, as he suddenly began to fall...ill. Not in thought, in physicality. But it didn't matter to him at the time. His thought suddenly fell over to...what he saw last night. That man. That tall man. His attempt at rationality began to sink in, right then and there, but he had no rational explanation for the events that took place that night in such a short amount of time, despite all of it feeling like an eternity. Oh well.