Reignition

"Hey, Mom, can I tell you about this weird dream that I had?"

"Well, I don't see why not. Go on."

"Well... I guess it's a bit difficult to follow, and I think it was actually a nightmare. It's long, and I've thought it over many times on what it might mean. You see, I don't really think it has much meaning," said the boy, eating at the table with his parents. "I was standing near a filing cabinet with you there, Dad. I think we were at your workplace, or something to that affect. So, we were standing there, and the next thing I remember is... being home. I was home, up in my room, playing on this... keyboard, thing. Like an electric piano... I got up to go get something to eat, but as I turned to the window, I found myself stuck. Even though it was dusk as I was playing... it was then night. I peered out there while I was paralyzed, but found nothing different. For a moment, at least."

He was silent for a moment.

"Then I saw a man. An odd man, out my window. He didn't speak or anything, I mean. He just stared at me and I stared back at him. We were locked, staring at each other until at one point he disappeared, and things returned to normal. Then I woke up, and here I am, telling you about it now."

The three let out an awkward chuckle. His mother spoke, only afterwards. "Well, that's certainly strange, M█████."